PDA

View Full Version : Bankroll broke 1K tonight!

Oblivious
10-03-2003, 03:40 AM
After reading davidross' posts, I decided to deticate $100 while Party was giving out a 50% deposit bonus. I played .50/1 until i reached about $300, then moved up to 1/2. I had about a week long losing streak for about 150 BB and started to doubt myself (but luckly the roll was big enough to withstand it). But things turned around and went better for me than they had gone bad. I played mostly 1/2 up until this point, but since i broke 1K tonight, I moved up to 2/4 and posted a modest $65 win. This is great! I only have 145 hours under my belt, but i have reason to believe Im a positive EV player (at least at party). So i just have to stay humble and keep on grinding. Ill start posting some interesting 2/4 hands soon and maybe some people can help me boost my hourly rate. Thanks to:
HomerJ
grinningbuddah
RockLobster
David Skalansky
Mason Malmuth
Mike Feeney
and.. davidross.

Latah. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

CrackerZack
10-03-2003, 08:00 AM
Who is this Mike Feeney /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oblivious
10-03-2003, 04:25 PM
ooops... john feeney.. sorry

J.R.
10-03-2003, 04:31 PM
You forgot to thank the dirty bird, the fuel in your tank. Go Wild Turkey. Where the Buffalo Roam is the best bad movie I have ever seen. Not to sure about fear and loathing in las vegas, but Hunter's spirit is unparalleled.

davidross
10-03-2003, 06:55 PM
Congrats, it's nice to hear I inspired someone. Sounds like you're going about it in the right way too. I busted right out th efirst couple of times I tried to move up. There's nothing worse. I'm sure we'll see you soon at 3/6.

Oblivious
10-03-2003, 09:30 PM
3/6 by the end of the month hopefully. I have to make at least 800 more before another jump. I also realized I moved into the positive for my entire poker career last night. Early on (when i lacked the minimal amount of experiance i now have) I lost a bunch in brick & morter games here in Colorado... so theres a little icing on the cake. Thanks again everyone.

TobDog
10-03-2003, 10:28 PM
David,

Any plans to move up at Party? You seem to have your seat worn in there well, I know everyone says there are enough fish to feed everyone here, but just wondering?

davidross
10-04-2003, 10:38 AM
No plans right now. I will move up when a) I find a real job and I don't have to live off this bankroll, or b) my bankroll gets to be over 12,000 even with my weekly withdrawls.

RockLobster
10-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Hey O--

Just saw your post, glad you're doing well! Keep up the good work...

Oblivious
10-07-2003, 06:29 PM
Well... I had a couple losing sessions at 2/4, so the title of this thread is no longer valid.

BUT! I did the responsible thing and moved back down to 1/2. A slow and steady pace wins the race. Ill post back here when I make the next run at 2/4.

Oblivious
11-23-2003, 03:36 AM
Well, its a little less than 2 months later and the bankroll has broken 2K tonight thanks to a NL freeroll on Empire, where I placed 34th out of 272 for a $60 prize. It now stands at just over $2050 which grew out of an initial $100 deposit in the begining of August. Much of the last thousand has been made playing two tables of 2,4. My hourly rate has recently jumped (thanks to a very nice rush) to just under $10 per hour. Eventhough Im on a rush recently, I feel like Im plugging leaks through sheer experience. As an inexperienced player, its extremely tempting to limp with naked aces or small pairs in early position, then just hope everything works out and theres no raise behind you. After a while you start do develop what I can only describe as a "poker concience." You say to yourself: "Id like to open limp with this 56s, but I know I shouldnt since the table is rather tight and I honestly expect to be raised preflop." So hopefully you fold it, but sometimes you play it out of boredom. Perhaps this is the difference between a pro and an ameture. Pros are capable of resisting this subtle tilt. But they also have a much better developed poker concience, since theyve had more experience.

Anyway, things are going good. Im not sure if Im going to move up to 3,6 or not. I definitly think the games are tougher and tighter, and Im not yet comfortable playing two 3,6 tables at a time. Until then, I dont think I can make the overall hourly rate at 3,6 that I can at 2x 2,4.