PDA

View Full Version : software

03-26-2002, 03:02 PM
Could someone please refer me to a good program for playing Texas Holdem.

Cheers

03-28-2002, 06:45 AM
Check out this site:

http://www.wilsonsw.com/

Turbo Texas Hold'em by Wilson Software is by far THE BEST. Many books use it for their simulations etc, and I have yet to hear any bad things about it. Version 5, as is mentioned in the other post above, is due out in May as noted.

It is WELL WORTH the money (about $90), and should help anyone looking to learn more about the game. The advisor guy costs a little more to activate, as he is not part of the software's base price, but he is well worth it for a new player! (I think it is like $15 or so).

Hope this helps!

03-28-2002, 03:27 PM
I like the TTH program, but i honestly think the advisor is a gimmick. All the information you really need is available on the advisor screen contained in the main program. The only time the advisor is of help is when you play "Mike." Even then, you should not be playing "Mike" until you know the game well enough to understand where you went wrong.

If you read enough about the game, (or at least read 2+2 posts) you know the difference between passive/aggressive and loose/tight - this is the only real benefit of the advisor as he can summarize a series of hands and tell you where your tendencies lie. But again, this should be readily apparent to the common user.

On the other hand, its only $15 extra bucks to activate the advisor.

- oski

03-28-2002, 04:23 PM
Sid simply uses the recorded advisor plays by each street, each hand and summarizes (i.e. You held AJo in early position and it was a raised pot. You called. That was a loose call." or "You had a pocket overpair against an unpaired board, no straight or flush possible. It was checked to you. You checked. You should have bet.")

Sid was nice for a while but I rarely use it now. Good for a rank amateur but the advisor is enough as it is. Anyway, it's only fifteen bucks and does a lot of cool stuff like analyze various stuff.