PDA

View Full Version : New King of the Zoo

lorinda
10-03-2003, 12:59 AM
Well, Inthacup just won the zoo nl tourney.

Not only was the field really tough this month, but Cup isn't a big fan of NL..and that's an understatement.

Well played Cup.... A fine example of knowing your weaknesses and altering strategy accordingly from what I saw.

Lori

zooey
10-03-2003, 01:03 AM
Well done indeed, one thing I was especially impressed with, his play didn't deteriorate a bit after taking a beat. Nice focus, he earned it.

Best,

Zooey

Vehn
10-03-2003, 01:16 AM
wtg Cup, I got home right before it started and wished I would have saved that $33 for a good hand job from a hooker or something.

rusty JEDI
10-03-2003, 01:22 AM
Im glad to see he put my chips too good use. But i guess if he won it he put everyones chips to good use.

Cyndie
10-03-2003, 01:29 AM
Well played, Hic! Have another one...on the house.

Inthacup
10-03-2003, 01:32 AM
Thanks Lori,

You're right, I'm not a big fan of NL. In fact, I played in this tournament because one of my friends "triple dog dared" me to play. I appreciate the support. Zooey played better than me, no doubt, but the beer and the cards were in my favor tonight.

Simon, how does this affect my standings? Am I in the new "season" of rankings or am I still in the old season?

Thanks for all the support.

Cup

Deadbuddha
10-03-2003, 01:38 AM
congrats!
i can only pull 18th place, hopefully will do better on the next one.

Jim Kuhn
10-03-2003, 04:57 AM
Congratulations on hanging in there and taking home the crown! From a previous post of Mike's I think we are still in this years standings. January will represent the new year for standings. Congratulations...............

HavanaBanana
10-03-2003, 05:08 AM
Good Job , right in the Cup /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I knew immediately that you had a good chance of winning, having position on me, and since Zooey were so kind to beat out a few former king's it must have been like playing golf with a handicap 20 under what you really deserved.

Good job Zooey too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I need to put a bounty on myself next tourney, cause both times I did, noone could collect it /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I can't wait for the SS game, where are we going to have the party afterwards? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers!

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-03-2003, 07:56 AM
majQa'

RockLobster
10-03-2003, 08:03 AM
Nice job Cup! I'm glad I got knocked out by the King /images/graemlins/smile.gif

joeysmalls
10-03-2003, 08:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't wait for the SS game, where are we going to have the party afterwards?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right it will be the SS game and the party will be in the SS forum. The SS forum is located under the Texas Hold'em heading and it's the forum where hands and strategy are disscussed. However, there is a little spam, so that should keep you entertained.

You heard of Donkeys,
JT

joeysmalls
10-03-2003, 08:06 AM
Nice job Cup! Congrats!

ramjam
10-03-2003, 08:08 AM
Good to see that nice guys can come first.

And thank you to Acesover8s, FrozenFish [so tight I could hear him squeak from across the ocean], ZeeJustin, Zooey and Curtains for consistently outplaying and outchatting me during a gruelling two hours or so of negative expectation. In future I shall do my best to avoid you sharks.

PlayerA
10-03-2003, 09:27 AM
Congrats cup.

Good tourney. What a bunch of tighties. My stats at the end were:

320 hands played and saw flop:
- 6 times out of 42 while in small blind (14%)
- 8 times out of 42 while in big blind (19%)
- 9 times out of 236 in other positions (3%)
- a total of 23 times out of 320 (7%)

Pots won at showdown - 6 out of 10 (60%)
Pots won without showdown - 36

I won more hands than I saw flops.

What I really love about these zoo tourneys is that was 320 in 3 1/2 hours. You guys don't mess around. GG to all.

boogerman

pokerlover
10-03-2003, 09:36 AM
Congrats Cup.

Oh what it is to finish on the bubble. I had my maniac image going perfectly and then I got ruined /images/graemlins/wink.gif .

Lots of fun and thank you Simon.

TexP

BBill
10-03-2003, 10:05 AM
Well played Inthacup! congrats

ohkanada
10-03-2003, 10:16 AM
Congrats to Cup and all the money winners.

My tourney was fairly short. A few ill-timed bluff stabs at the pot cut my stack in half. Once the blinds jumped to 50-100 I only had 580 or so. With the SB raising to 200 I re-raised all-in with A8 and was called with the ever powerful J4. Once a 4 flopped and turned my attempted double-up failed and I was out.

Fun as usual.

Ken Poklitar

RockLobster
10-03-2003, 10:22 AM
I lost on purpose because I couldn't stand to listen to Curtain's endless rant any longer /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

It's amazing that Cup won considering how many monsters he folded.

XlgJoe
10-03-2003, 11:02 AM
Congrats to the money winners.

Myself I went out early, but that was ok. My mommy said I had to go to bed early and study. She said she would throw me out of the house if I fail grade school 1 more time. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW would anyone like to donate to my college fund, just a few dollars a person would help.

thomastem
10-03-2003, 11:43 AM
Congrats Cup.

Sarge85
10-03-2003, 02:14 PM
Well Done Cup!

I haven't had a chance to do a tourney like this, but given all the help you've dulled out to me this last month, I'm glad KARMA is finding it's way back to you!

Sarge /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Homer
10-03-2003, 02:30 PM
Congrats Cup!

-- Homer

kdog
10-03-2003, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You heard of Donkeys,

[/ QUOTE ] Yes, we've heard of donkeys. They're located in the small stakes forum with the rest of the asses.
Man you gotta be the only guy in Mass that can't spell four letter words.It's HERD you moron! Go bray in the SS forum.

joeysmalls
10-04-2003, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, we've heard of donkeys. They're located in the small stakes forum with the rest of the asses.
Man you gotta be the only guy in Mass that can't spell four letter words.It's HERD you moron! Go bray in the SS forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are rgiht I cna't sepel at all, but enlisgh dosen't reqirue seplling at all to raed. So I you dndi't udnertsnad waht I menat you are the moorn.

Lvoe,
JeoTlal