PDA

View Full Version : This hand felt wrong...

rxl182
10-02-2003, 07:44 PM
Just played a 1/2 hand at party that just didnt feel right and I'm curious as to what the rest of you think about it and my play. The table is pretty passive and likes to see the flop cheap and often. The game so far has been mostly check, check, check; then once someone bets: call, call, call. The hand is as follows:

Nine players and I get dealt K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif on the button. UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, two folds, two calls to me and I call as well (is a raise in order here?). SB calls and BB raises, everyone calls. The BB has raised on a few occasions and has always shown some sort of pocket pair.

The flop comes : 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

The SB checks, BB raiser bets, three calls to me and I raise. The SB calls cold, BB calls and so do the others.

The turn is T /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Checked to me and I bet. SB folds, BB and UTG+1 call, next guy folds and last guy calls.

River is 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, UTG+1 bets, next player folds, I call and BB folds. Is my hand here good and what, if anything, could I have done differently?

tj00
10-02-2003, 08:38 PM
I would have played it the same the way. Looks like UTG+1 rivered trips or just taking a stab. I would put BB on QQ,JJ,TT, could be a weakly played AA or AK.

SoCalPat
10-02-2003, 10:06 PM
If your read on the table is right, I would raise preflop. It's a hand that plays well both multi-way and against small fields, and your position is such that you won't be chasing out anyone here except for the blinds.

Plus, who limps in low-limit games and folds to a raise preflop without calling one more bet and seeing the flop?

And of course, chances are good that you have the best hand right now, and need just to catch a piece of the flop to drive everyone else out by betting the flop.

Given the BB's 3-bet, I would have played it the same way on every street. If UTG+1 made trips or his runner-runner flush without a pair on the flop, you need to play at his table more often.

lil'
10-02-2003, 10:36 PM
Aside from raising pre-flop, which I think you could do, you did a-ok.