PDA

View Full Version : C'mon, you know you wanna give it up!

DanS
10-02-2003, 05:57 PM
This is an actual hand, but it invokes a general question:

6-12 Bay Area: Super LA openraises UTG+1, I 3 bet KQs on the button, SB caps it (ruh-roh).

Flop is Q-x-x, SB bets, I raise, he 3-bets (double ruh-roh).

Turn x, bet-call (am I even drawing to five outs here, or just two?)

River is the twelve of pretty dancing unicorns, bet-call. "Your aces are good, sir."

Ugggh. When to release this? Do I resign myself to a five out draw, and call to the river, folding there if no improvement?

Dan

Mike
10-02-2003, 06:14 PM
Once you found yourself on the far side of the flop, I think you are committed to the river. I can't get excited about much else in the hand though.

DanS
10-02-2003, 06:24 PM
I agree that this may be a "suck it up and call it down" situation. I don't remember if the flop was twotone or rainbow, but I think a twotone flop would be more relevant at the 8-16 or 15-30 that I play. I just don't think *most* 6-12ers are going to actively cap AK-AJs out of the small blind, though many would coldcall 3 and play it like that postflop.

Dan

GuyOnTilt
10-02-2003, 06:35 PM
You'd be better off posting this in the Small Stakes Forum. You'd get a lot of responses there.

BTW, I think you fold this to the turn bet.

DanS
10-02-2003, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You'd be better off posting this in the Small Stakes Forum. You'd get a lot of responses there.

BTW, I think you fold this to the turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea, I just crossposted there. Also, I think the turn is the worst place to fold here (ironic, given that by and large, it can be the best place). I just don't see a fold here anywhere. Maybe, the river theoretically speaking, but practically, I think the worst times to fold are: 1) the turn 2) the flop 3) the river.

Dan