PDA

View Full Version : Getting more action from online tables

BigEndian
10-02-2003, 10:18 AM
I frequently find myself table-hopping. I go out of my way to find a table that has 5-7 callers to the flop and I'll change tables 4+ times a night throwing the posted blinds away. I figure the additional pot odds gives me two things which I really like: 1) It allows me to play hands like suited and unsuited connectors more often and thus more hands in general. 2) It provides a much more forgiving game to the mistakes I'll invariably make during the session.

However, I've recently had two similar tables that present a bit of a problem. While there will be 5-7 people to the flop, they'll mostly play extremely weak - often all folding out before the river. This is at Party btw, not what you would call expected behavior.

While these tables are still profitable, are there any suggestions for what I can do to get more action from these types of games?

- Groove

Lost Wages
10-02-2003, 10:34 AM
I'll change tables 4+ times a night throwing the posted blinds away.

If you wait and post in the big blind or cutoff then it costs you nothing to change tables.

...play...unsuited connectors more often

Red flag. If you are playing hands like 87o in LP then you are throwing money away even at a loose table.

..they'll mostly play extremely weak - often all folding out before the river. ...what I can do to get more action from these types of games?

Instead of trying to change the way the rest of the table plays why don't you adjust your own play? Be more aggressive with marginal hands and semibluff more.

Lost Wages

BigEndian
10-02-2003, 11:03 AM
Red flag. If you are playing hands like 87o in LP then you are throwing money away even at a loose table.

Am I? Does the flush value on an 87 make a big difference vs. 87o with 6 callers to the flop? Please set me straight on this.

Instead of trying to change the way the rest of the table plays why don't you adjust your own play? Be more aggressive with marginal hands and semibluff more.

Great advice, thanks. I find myself constantly battling my willful side. I'll have one notion in mind and drive at it come hell or high water.

- Groove

Guido
10-02-2003, 11:54 AM
Hi,

I wouldn't call 87o in any position. I only call 78s in LP with a few limpers. If there is only 1 limper, I would raise in button or possibly CO. The table must be tight so you can make the blinds fold and you're HU or win the pot immediately.

Guido