PDA

View Full Version : No Limit Spread in AC?

Scottnyce
10-02-2003, 09:05 AM
Does anyone know where someone could find a no limit game in AC?

Whats the buy-in?

slamdunkpro
10-02-2003, 09:28 AM
The Borgata has them on weekends if there is enough interest. I think it's $1000.

Mike Gallo
10-02-2003, 10:10 AM
Hey Scott,

The Borgata spreads the game if they have enough interest. They usually do get a no limit game on the weekends. However sometimes they spread a $25-$25-$25 no limit or a $25-$50 no limit.

The almost always have a $5-$5 pot limit game.

Play well. The pot limit game has a few solid players in it.

Scottnyce
10-02-2003, 10:54 AM
How do these games play? I've never played a no/pot limit game live. I would expect you have players that try and bully the table with larger stacks....

Is there any strategy going in....is is better to show you can't be bullied or is it better to just fold, fold, fold and wait for the right time and hope someone will play that hand.

Do these tables have lots of pre-flop raising....I would imagine they would.

Mike Gallo
10-02-2003, 11:07 AM
How do these games play? I've never played a no/pot limit game live. I would expect the game has players that try and bully the table with larger stacks....

Yes you have the correct expectations. The game does have some aggressive players who buy in for a few thousand and attempt to run over the table.

Is there any strategy going in....is is better to show you can't be bullied or is it better to just fold, fold, fold and wait for the right time and hope someone will play that hand.

I think you should observe the game and make your analysis at the table.

Do these tables have lots of pre-flop raising....I would imagine they would.

No, people play differently. They prefer to limp with big hands up front, and make big raises with big hands after a few limpers.

The pot limit game has a $500 buy in. You can buy in for the minimum and see how you do. I would consider that your best course of action.

Scottnyce
10-02-2003, 12:09 PM
Thanks MG,

I'm debating pot limit or the 10-20, I'll let you know how I do.

Any preference as far as more "fish"

Borgata or Taj?
And at what level?

Thanks again.

CrackerZack
10-02-2003, 12:18 PM

Mike Gallo
10-02-2003, 12:24 PM
Scott,

I would play $10-$20 at the Borgata.

Any preference as far as more "fish"

The Camden Aquarium.

If you mean which poker room has "easier" games, check them out and decide for yourself. I prefer the Borgata.

RollaJ
10-03-2003, 11:34 AM
MG, do you really think the Borgata has an easier 10-20 on average than at the taj? Ive only been there on opening day and the game was very sharky. Hows the 15-30 and 20-40?

Will you be there tonight?

Mike Gallo
10-03-2003, 12:34 PM
Hey J man,

do you really think the Borgata has an easier 10-20 on average than at the taj?

It depends. The Borgata had the "tale of two cities" feel. One $10-$20 game appeared extremely soft, while another game had five of the "usual suspects" who wanted to get into the soft game. I think with the novelty of the Borgata attracted many people who wanted to give poker a try. Everytime I have played there I have sat in a good game.

Hows the 15-30 and 20-40?

At the Boragata a bit tougher. You have many of the Taj pros who have moved to the Borgata to play. The $15-$30 appears tougher than the $20-$40. I cannot give you the rhyme or reason why, however it appears that way.

Will you be there tonight?

I have tickets to a hockey game tonight, so I will play poker online when I get home. No b and m for me tonight.

I do not like the Taj because of the element of players. Sometimes you have a few "gangs" that work together at the table. I also do not like the grouchy regulars. The Borgata has new blood, and I prefer new blood to tainted blood.

Copernicus
10-03-2003, 03:23 PM
Play poker, I'll take the Flyers/Phantoms tix off your hands!

chesspain
10-03-2003, 09:18 PM
Man,

You guys are missing the forest for the trees...or should I say the "mountains." The Borgata has by far the bigger breasted and better looking coctail servers!