PDA

View Full Version : TPTK Under Siege

Festus22
10-02-2003, 07:53 AM
Here's some recent hands I've played with A-K. What would you have done?

1) A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif UTG. I raise and get 5 callers. Flop [K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif]. Blinds check, I bet and get 1 MP caller. Turn 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I bet and MP raises.

2) A-Ko on the button. 2 EP limpers to me and I raise, blinds fold and limpers call. Flop [A-Q-4, 2 suits]. Checked to me and I bet, both call. Turn [A-Q-4]-Q. Checked to me again, I bet and both call. River [A-Q-4-Q]-9, no 3 flush. Checked to me, I bet, one EP folds and the other check-raises.

3) A-Ko in the CO. 3 limpers and I raise. One blind and all limpers call. Flop [A-10-7, 3 suits]. Checked to me and I bet. Blind folds and the 3 limpers call. Turn [A-10-7]-J. 1st EP checks, next EP bets out and MP calls.

What's the best way to proceed with these hands?

Rsults and what I did to follow.

RockLobster
10-02-2003, 08:14 AM
Hey Festus--

1. I 3-bet heads up, and am prepared to call down with TPTK if he caps and I don't improve.
2. This time you're heads up on the river; I call his raise, you only have to win 10% of the time here.
3. I don't like this one, it seems like I often run into KQ here. Nice pot, but you may be drawing to 1/2 the pot here. In the absence of other information, I'd strongly consider folding here.

Just my thoughts...

Mike Gallo
10-02-2003, 08:17 AM
Festus,

1) A K UTG. I raise and get 5 callers. Flop [K Q 6 ]. Blinds check, I bet and get 1 MP caller. Turn 2 . I bet and MP raises.

I would reraise.

2) A-Ko on the button. 2 EP limpers to me and I raise, blinds fold and limpers call. Flop [A-Q-4, 2 suits]. Checked to me and I bet, both call. Turn [A-Q-4]-Q. Checked to me again, I bet and both call. River [A-Q-4-Q]-9, no 3 flush. Checked to me, I bet, one EP folds and the other check-raises

I would have checked the river.

3) A-Ko in the CO. 3 limpers and I raise. One blind and all limpers call. Flop [A-10-7, 3 suits]. Checked to me and I bet. Blind folds and the 3 limpers call. Turn [A-10-7]-J. 1st EP checks, next EP bets out and MP calls.

I go for the overcall.

Lost Wages
10-02-2003, 08:23 AM
Hand 1)
Since the 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif surely didn't help him it looks like he slowplayed a big flop. KQ or a set seems most likely. I would just call the raise with the intention of checkraising the river if a club, A or K falls and otherwise just check-call.

Hand 2)
You know you just lost to a Queen but the pot is big and you are closing the action so call for your peace of mind.

Hand 3)
Call the turn and river.

Lost Wages

Festus22
10-02-2003, 09:33 AM
Each responder nailed one or more.

1) I just called the raise. My thoughts were exactly what Lost Wages expressed in that MP slow played a big flop. The river was also a red spot and ...drum roll please... MP flips Q-2o for the turned two pair. Yep, he called two cold PF. I know in the long run having these players in the game is great but I think it's what makes LL play very difficult sometimes. You just have to consider EVERYTHING.

2) MG and Lost Wages nailed it. I should have checked behind and yes, EP had a queen (Q-10). I seem to have the George Costanza syndrome in that when I check behind, I always win and when I bet, I always lose. So I should just do the opposite. Seriously, when to check behind is still a tough read for me. Any suggestions?

3) Rock Lobster gets the prize here. My radar really lit up when EP bet out. He has to know I likely have a big ace or better and he comes charging out. I folded. EP won with K-Q. Hey Rock, what's the lottery numbers tonight?

Thanks guys, nicely done!

lil'
10-02-2003, 09:57 AM
Hand 3 - It didn't take much for you to abandon your top-pair top kicker here. I think you jumped ship too quickly.

RockLobster
10-02-2003, 10:20 AM
Hey lil--

I almost always feel the need to end my comments / suggestions with "... but that's just me, any other advice you get is probably better." Maybe I should change my signature to reflect this disclaimer.

Anyway, as far as hand 3 goes, I used to call these down (and still do, at times), but it seems like I'm beat often enough to save a couple of BB's for a better battle.

Take care--