PDA

View Full Version : was this a bad fold?

zamora
10-02-2003, 07:20 AM
party 3/6
i am in mp with 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif and limps. the pot bounces back and forth and finally it's been capped with six players in it; utg+1, utg+2, me, lp, cut-off and Button.

flop: J /images/graemlins/club.gif, A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

utg+1 bets and all but cut-off calls. five players to the turn for 14 bb + blinds.

turn:4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
utg+1 bets again. everybody calls but me who folds. i figure that i have three outs at the most and possibly drawing dead.

river: you guessed it: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

same bettor, one caller, utg+2. utg+1 wins $124 with his A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, J /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

caller had A /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

was this a bad fold? should i have called the flop even if i had two players to act behind me? maybe folded if it was raised behind? i am sure that i could get two more bets from utg+1 and caller had i chosen to bet my made straight after the river.

peace.

lil'
10-02-2003, 09:04 AM
The pot is huge and you will have the odds to draw to your 3 outer, assuming the 8d is not an out. I'd call and hope for a miracle card.

davidross
10-02-2003, 09:13 AM
I think you're getting 16-1 real odds, plus the implied odds if you hit. That's plenty for 3 outs, unless you have some reason to think the flush is already there.

The flop call is easy with your gutshot/backdoor flush draw in a pot that size.