PDA

View Full Version : Just like the Angelo Article

Diplomat
10-02-2003, 01:29 AM
...so I had just read a particular Tommy Angelo article online, and about an hour later this hand came up.

10-20 at pokerroom. Game is...wierd. I think it is tight passive pre-flop, but is loose passive post flop.

I have 77 in the small blind, which I thought was funny, because I just had 77 in the big blind. UTG opens for a raise, two players cold-call, I call, the big blind calls.

The big blind is an odd guy that I've been battling with -- it has been virtually impossible to put him on a hand. He three-bet me on the turn with middle-pair, no kicker two rounds ago, and last hand checked the nut flush on the river. (the board was not paired, he held the nuts) anyway he's been getting on my nerves.

Back to the hand. So the flop comes down KKT. Checked around.

The turn is a 2. I bet, the big blind auto-calls (could mean anything at all) and everyone else folds. At this point, I decide to bet the river no matter what card comes off.

So the river comes another T, and I hit the bet button before I realize I now have seven high.

And the big blind thinks.

And thinks.

And thinks.

And calls.

And the cards are shown -- 77 for me, 28s for him, three-pair, or two pair, eight kicker.

"Umm, yeah, nice hand. Sigh..."

-Diplomat

Ulysses
10-02-2003, 06:11 AM
Awesome.

CrackerZack
10-02-2003, 01:39 PM
Oops.

Great call. Where did poor Dave in Cali go? I miss the super-magoo comments.

inkstain
10-03-2003, 07:55 AM
Sounds either like a really clueless player who just started playing, or a horribly written bot.