PDA

View Full Version : I Broke One of My Cardinal Rules

tj00
10-01-2003, 11:12 PM
No coaching at the table ever. I have never commented on another opponents play, except for the occasional nh. The target or my ire habitualy criticises others whlie professing his own poker acumen. Here is the hand that set me off. I am on the sidelines.

The coach is UTG with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG Folds, Coach Calls, MP Calls, Button Calls, Blinds Come Along

Flop [ T /images/graemlins/club.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]

SB Checks, BB Bets, Coach Calls, MP Calls, Button Calls, SB Folds

Turn 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB Bets, Coach Raises, MP Calls, Button Calls, BB Calls

River 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB Checks, Coach Bets, MP Folds, Button Raises, BB Folds, Coach 3 Bets, Button Caps.

Button T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Coach then proceeds to tell the button how bad a player he is for the next two hands. Finally I tell the coach his EP limp with J9o sucked, and his flop call with a 3 out gutshot getting 6:1 was terrible. Then I asked him why he was bitching. If people gripe at me I could almost care less, but complaining about others ticks me off a little. He did explain to me that with implied odds he was getting like 25:1 on his flop call, I did not respond. Oh the irony. Sorry for ranting. Well go ahead and scold me I deserve it.

Ed Miller
10-01-2003, 11:21 PM
I don't think the flop call is nearly as bad as you seem to.. he has a gutshot and an overcard.

tj00
10-01-2003, 11:39 PM
Hey major were you playing party 2/4 tonight?

mosch
10-01-2003, 11:44 PM
Coaches are my pet peeve too, because they tighten the table up. You can watch the pot size drop once one of those jackholes starts ranting, and you watch your nice reliable fish swim away to another bowl.

I'm guilty of defending the victims on occasion, but lately I just unclick 'auto post blind', join another table, and hope they don't have a coach too.

Ed Miller
10-02-2003, 12:03 AM
Hey major were you playing party 2/4 tonight?

No.. my handle is majorkong, though, so I'm pretty easy to spot. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tj00
10-02-2003, 12:05 AM
There is a Major_Kong who seemed pretty solid.

CrackerZack
10-02-2003, 12:11 AM
I tend to start saying really strange things to the table coach. examples...

"Put me in coach, i'm ready to play, TODAY!"
"Q7 is my favorite hand because its the computer hand, and i'm on a computer"
"This is my last XXX chips left...then i'm gonna ride the rail and beg for money."
Or thomastem style, "That buzzard keeps announcing my hand."

Or other random stuff. usually people start yelling at me. that's fun. I did respond to a table coach yelling at someone else once and in turn, me for being in a hand he won. I shouldn't have... oops.

Nottom
10-02-2003, 12:18 AM
Reminds me of something one of my tables tonight.

UTG opens with a raise, folded to coach who 3-bets with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif There's a cold-caller, then the student caps with 45 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Rest fold, UTG, coach and CCer call.

Flop: 6h Ah 8h
Coach bets, Student raises. rest fold.

Turn: Kh
Couch bets, student calls.

River: Td
Check, Check.

Coach then rants for a while about how stupid the student was for calling his bets early on and I couldn't resist commenting on his wonderful preflop 3-bet with A6o.

***I do however have to wonder what the student in this hand is thinking when she raises at every opportunity while she is drawing, but doesn't raise the turn or even bet the river after she hits her hand.***