PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Hand (plus ramblings)

Paul2432
10-01-2003, 11:12 AM
No real question here. I am posting strictly for entertainment value, although comments are certainly welcome.

Party 1/2 NLHE. Folded to me in the cutoff and I decide to raise to $6 with 53o and steal the blinds. I do this because I want to steal the blinds, but also because I have been having the feeling lately of not fully taking advantage of late position.[1]

Anyway, only the BB calls and the flop comes 763r. BB checks and I bet $10. BB calls. My plan was to probably check it down if I did not improve, but I get lucky and catch on off-suit 4 on the turn. BB checks and I bet $15. BB calls. The river is a six, putting a pair on board. BB checks again and I think a bit and put him all-in (about $30). He calls and the straight is good (he had TT).

[1] When I first started playing NL I would make LP raises with all kinds of hands. Frequently a pot sized bet on the flop won the hand uncontested. I overplayed some medium strength hands though and took some big hits. I think my play went to the other extreme. I was passive even in late position, and only really committed chips when I had a strong hand. I am now working on finding a happy medium.

Paul