PDA

View Full Version : No Limit Hand. Take a look.

Scottnyce
10-01-2003, 09:00 AM
NL $50 table (your stack is at $83)

BLinds 1 and 1.

I'm in Middle position with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif

2 limpers to me. I make it $5 to go

Everyone folds but BB ($66). Limpers fold as well.

Flop:

9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, I bet $5, BB calss.

Turn Card K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets out $11.

What do you do?

I raised $11, he called.

River is a 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB Bets out $30.

Fold? ALL-In?

Paul2432
10-01-2003, 09:28 AM
Your play should have been to raise all-in or fold on the turn (probably raise all-in against most players). The way you played it you gave proper odds to the many drawing hands your opponent might hold.

As you played it, I think you should probably fold on the river.

Paul

Copernicus
10-01-2003, 10:29 AM
I had almost this exact situation last night, the only difference being the ranks of the flop, which werent critical, the same draws existed. I also had seen the other player make plays at hands when a scare card fell, so I didnt think I could fold. I didnt reraise because of all of the possibles out there. I won when he showed a 9.

If you dont have any read on the other player a fold is probably the better course.

I agree the turn bet should have been larger. You want to force him to commit half his stack or more to the hand or get out.

1800GAMBLER
10-01-2003, 10:32 AM
^ what he said. ^

Player showed the backdoor flush?

cruiser
10-01-2003, 11:08 AM
I think I would begrudgingly fold. I'm guessing he showed two pair (K9) if you called.

Scottnyce
10-01-2003, 11:23 AM
Yeah he showed K9 and took the pot.

So folding is probably the better choice...I was just curious at what point can i let go of the hand.....I guess its just another expensive AK.

Thanks for the responses.

Scottnyce
10-01-2003, 11:50 AM
My thought process when the hand was playing out was when he he bet into me on the turn....

A) he a good player and is betting at me looking for me to fold.

B) he's a bad player betting a hand that he has just gone ahead with.

I figured my raise would fold the good player trying to steal and if the bad player stayed in and bet out on the river then i could lay it down.

Guy McSucker
10-01-2003, 12:55 PM
betting a hand that he has just gone ahead with

Just a nitpick: there's no hand you're beating on the flop which is beating you on the turn here.

Guy.

Scottnyce
10-01-2003, 01:06 PM
But he doesn't know this....that he is ahead, he only has top pair against my preflop raise of 5x the blind. That could easily be an over pair. Which he obviously put me on when he bet out with his two pair.

Ignatius
10-01-2003, 02:14 PM
With $13 in the pot, your $5 flop bet is too weak. Instead of giving yourself a chance to take it down, you're inviting a bluff. Either take the free card (very weak, but less costly) or make it $10.
On turn, simply move in. There is already $34 in the pot when it gets to you and a pot sized bet would be to $56 which is more than 40% of the effective stack. You are very likely ahead and your opponent could be semi-bluffing a flush draw.