PDA

View Full Version : Party Upgrade

Inthacup
10-01-2003, 08:36 AM
It seems as though Party has fixed the lag in the lobby window. As a litmus test, I went to the single table tournament section and started running through the tables. When it says 'Wting for 5 plyrs', the table is not on level 2! There are actually only 5 players at the table.

It may be that it's just morning and there aren't that many players online right now, but it seems as though they've fixed the lag. Also, they have a new option where you can hide the full tables, and just get a list of the tables with an open seat. Is there any other upgrades I'm missing?

Cup

Adde
10-01-2003, 08:53 AM
You can search for tables too, under Options, with the search properties Stakes, No of players and Avg pot.

And yes, yes , yes! Players you got a note for has a sticky, little note icon under their name. Super feature!

Also (I think is changed?), you can have the chat box as "Summary without chat".

Adde

jasonHoldEm
10-01-2003, 09:14 AM
It's like...some sort of....beautiful dream.

jHE

Mike Haven
10-01-2003, 09:27 AM
ask them to fix larry's head:

"dear support
please send me my hand history for my game BEFORE this one : Hand History for Game 187471346 TexasHTGameTable (Limit) - Mon Sep 29 21:21:32 EDT 2003 Table MXG1072's pvt table 1 (Real Money)
i thought i requested it at the time but it didn't arrive
thank you"

"Dear Mike,
Thank you for contacting our Customer Care team.
As requested, we are attaching the hand history for the hand number 187471346.
Please go through it and revert back to us if you have further queries.
Sincerely,
Larry Miller
Customer Care Team"

Mike Haven
10-01-2003, 09:36 AM
I like the new Live Host Button that comes back with, "If no Live Host is available, work it out yourself."

A lot more queries will be answered correctly with that one.

smd
10-01-2003, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the update. I look forward to installing the upgrade and checking it out. Good to see a site actually listening to players gripes and acting on it.

goodguy_1
10-01-2003, 09:39 AM
Yes the search feature is very sweet.I hope it is dynamic but it looks like it isnt but it is still a great tool and you can get to a room directly from the search results which is very nice.It will save alot of time scrolling thru looking for your preferences..having average pot on search is awesome!!And A seacrh works for all games not just holdem

Adde
10-01-2003, 09:42 AM
More: when requesting hand histories, they have removed that pesky dialog that confirmed that your request had been sent.

I have to say this is the best Party upgrade I have seen.

tiltboy
10-01-2003, 09:46 AM
I'm glad to hear the millions in rake they collect is not just going to buy more hair gel for Mike Sexyton.

slavic
10-01-2003, 09:53 AM
they still need % seeing the flop in the lobby window and to lose the avatars.

Adde
10-01-2003, 09:56 AM
...and to lose the avatars.

Options > Video & Audio Options > Characters On/Off ??

ElSapo
10-01-2003, 09:58 AM
I played the last couple of nights for a few hours and was getting hit with some odd lag. Tables just moving a little slow, the animation moving slow, pausing for a couple of seconds. Anyone else note this, and is this changed by the upgrade? There were 14K players on last night, which very well could be part of the issue.

goodguy_1
10-01-2003, 10:02 AM
I agree ..% of flop should be on this upgrade.Why have they been so stubborn on this issue for last 2 years??

What they should also should do is change the way they compute pot averages..and not include uncalled bets on the river in the average like most other rooms..this is very bogus.

Punker
10-01-2003, 10:06 AM
Couldn't find a list but those of you familiar with them can probably guess most of them

goodguy_1
10-01-2003, 10:12 AM
Under options tab>video&audio options>
chipsandcards on/off...what is this for??? I tried it on/off ..didnt see any difference.

tiltboy
10-01-2003, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
chipsandcards on/off...what is this for??? I tried it on/off ..didnt see any difference.

[/ QUOTE ] I also tired under options tab>video&audio options>
suckouts on/off...what is this for??? I tried it both on and off ..didnt seem to make any difference.

La Brujita
10-01-2003, 10:25 AM
I think the player notes upgrade is fantastic, but I have a minor but (for me) significant beef. If you put player notes up in Empire they don't show up in Party. I know very little about computers so I don't know if this is difficult for them to fix, but this problem makes the notes function much much less useful for me since I rotate between three skins (in case anyone monitors how I play).

goodguy_1
10-01-2003, 10:39 AM
hehe ..u must be running bad thats 2 posts in a row u talking about suckouts and 3 outers..I hope things turn for you /images/graemlins/smile.gif
But when you see 1000 hands per day..things even out alot quicker playing online than they do at B&M playing for a living.

jasonHoldEm
10-01-2003, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This turns the animation on/off (cards just magically appear rather than being "dealt", chips move instantly to the middle of the table rather than sliding, etc).

goodguy_1
10-01-2003, 10:53 AM

ccwhoelse?
10-01-2003, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you put player notes up in Empire they don't show up in Party. I know very little about computers so I don't know if this is difficult for them to fix, but this problem makes the notes function much much less useful for me since I rotate between three skins (in case anyone monitors how I play).

[/ QUOTE ]

you can do this yourself.

before opening up your software, go to the directory where the software is installed. uhm. i don't really know how to explain that, it would be something like c:\programfiles\partypoker or wahtever.

in the directory you will see a text file called

notes.txt

in your empire poker directory, there is a file also called

notes.txt

simply open up both these files. copy and paste the notes from one file to the other and now each file has all the notes.

if you don't get it, let me know and i'll try to explain it better.

jasonHoldEm
10-01-2003, 10:56 AM
La Brujita,

If you have pokertracker you can import notes from both sites, edit them if you wish and then export them to each site (so you will have the same notes at both sites).

If you don't have poker tracker you can edit the note files by manually. The notes are actually stored in a text file. If you used the default install the path should be C:\program files\partypoker\notes.txt (or ..\empirepoker\ etc). This is a plain text file you can open with note pad. You'll need to edit all the users so that you have one list (I suggest cuting and pasting the seperate files into a seperate "new" text document, edit them, and then copy the finished set of notes to your note.txt file in party/empire/etc.

The notes are in the format Username~notes >

Good luck,
Jason

goodguy_1
10-01-2003, 11:08 AM
Hey Jason I dont mean to go off on a tangent here..but since the thread is all over the place ie PK.I am aPK newbie have a PK question for you.
When I have usually opened up ring game or tourney player stats info the module opens up with my player name on that first tab.Problem is I cant get it to save my name and open up with my screename ..it is opening up with player's name at top of the player list.How do I save this .It worked before..but I just had my hard drive crash last week and reformated and reinstalled all programs including PK?

MaxPower
10-01-2003, 11:10 AM
I don't think we should encourage party to put % seeing the flop in the lobby. Do you want the games to become more like Paradise?

I have been playing on Party for about 2 years and the games have always been as loose as they are now. You wouldn't sit down at a table and remind everyone to play tight, so why do you want the statistic to be displayed? I don't think it is a coincidence that Party games have always been looser than the other sites.

jasonHoldEm
10-01-2003, 11:12 AM
Open up the main ring game window. Click on the preferences tab. At the bottom there is a line that says:

Automatically display my stats, my player ID is:

There's a dropdown box next to this, just pick your name, save the settings and the next time you open the window you should be good to go.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

goodguy_1
10-01-2003, 11:15 AM
good point .you may be right..why mess with a good thing?

tiltboy
10-01-2003, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the good word, but I'm still doing ok--I'm did 3BBs/100 hands over the last week since I got PT even after the suckouts. Things could be worse I suppose. Maybe I'm one of those 'the glass is half empty and what is left is mostly backwash' people. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

La Brujita
10-01-2003, 12:05 PM
Thank you and thank you JasonHoldem. I did not realize you could do that with the notes. I understand the directions perfectly (I would put my computer knowledge at about 30%); they were very clear.

squiffy
10-01-2003, 12:39 PM
That is a very interesting viewpoint. But I think Party is just looser because it has a lot of players. The more players you have, the more fish you will have. And I think Party is crowded because of all the advertising on WSOP. Also,perhaps it has some good features. And finally, the crowd and excitement attract more players, sharks and fish alike, just as a crowded restaurant attracts more patrons, because it must be good if its crowded.

On the whole, I doubt the fish would pay much attention to percentage seeing the flop.

I don't think including the statistic of percentage seeing the flop is what contributed to Paradise's decline or what made players there tighter. But I could be wrong.

I think including the percentage seeing the flop figure will help good players find soft games. Fish will be oblivious.

I think softness has to do with the number of fish. Note that games at all sites tend to be softer in the evenings and on the weekends when more people are playing. This has to do with VOLUME.

Homer
10-01-2003, 12:42 PM
Also, they have a new option where you can hide the full tables, and just get a list of the tables with an open seat.

The way they designed this is stupid. Why didn't they put it under Options on the menubar as "Hide full tables", beneath or above "Hide play money tables"?

It's like they're trying to say, "Look at us, we upgraded!", instead of just doing the damn upgrade.

-- Homer

squiffy
10-01-2003, 12:45 PM
For example, let's say they double or triple or quadruple the number of NFL football teams, or Start a huge Canadian league.

The average quality of the players will probably go down. It's hard to find that many top top top number 1 NFL draft picks. And second tier players who would not have made the cut suddenly have spots on the team.

Similarly, if you have 10,000 people online, in absolute terms the number of fish is bound to increase. And new fish are probably more likely to check out a large popular site than a small one.

squiffy
10-01-2003, 12:48 PM
Well, fine, but if an upgrade falls in a forest, and no one is there to hear it, and no one knows about it, then does it really make a sound? Is it really an UPGRADE?

By the way, what is an UPGRADE?

Homer
10-01-2003, 12:50 PM
Of course it's an upgrade. I'm not saying they can't make anyone aware of what was done during the upgrade, but that information itself shouldn't be part of the upgrade. If that makes sense.

-- Homer

MaxPower
10-01-2003, 01:38 PM
Squiffy,

Before the WPT and this years WSOP Paradise was the site with the most players. Party had very few players, yet the games were better at Party. Two years ago, when I first started playing online, the games at Party were better than at Paradise. In those days, Party might have 2 3/6 tables and Paradise would have 10 or more. Despite being bigger, the games at Paradise were tighter.

Now, I don't know for sure if displaying the flop percentage has anything to do with this difference, but I suspect it does. Many players know that they should play tight before the flop, but they don't because it is more fun to play more hands. Making the flop percentage so visible makes it more likely that people will play tight.

Truepoker also displays the flop percentages and the games are not tight (I assume, I haven't played there in ages). However, that might be due to the graphics and inability to play more than one table, which don't appeal to the serious player.

Prickly Pete
10-01-2003, 01:44 PM
I agree with Maxpower on this. Clearly, this isn't the only reason Party is fishy, but I think it may play a role. I know when I started out on Paradise, I paid no attention at first to the flop %. But before too long, I noticed and it was one of the first clues I had that I was playing way too many hands.

Maybe a good solution would be for Party to default it the way it is, but bury an option in the program somewhere to allow the flop % to be shown.

jasonHoldEm
10-01-2003, 01:44 PM
Mr. Power,

I also think Party's well hidden table stats (i.e. alt/click on your charcter) have something to do with this, probably moreso than the lobby stats. How many times on this forum have we seen "How do you get stats at party?" If the "knowledgeable" 2+2'rs can't figure it out how many of the fish are checking their stats.

Compare this to the highly visible % button at Paradise and I think you have your answer.

Peace,
jHE

Legend27
10-01-2003, 02:56 PM
I noticed that party was lagging a little bit last night too. Also they had over 18k people on for a while.

SomeTimesIWin
10-01-2003, 03:23 PM
This post is relatively empty, see the subject line for my question. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Inthacup
10-01-2003, 03:25 PM
I've never seen any listing of new upgrades.

SomeTimesIWin
10-01-2003, 03:42 PM
Hmmm how about bombarding their support department with questions about each upgrade, maybe it will help /images/graemlins/smile.gif . I didn't for instance discover the player stat functionality before I by mistake clicked on my own player ....

happyjaypee
10-01-2003, 03:45 PM
Hey guys, u forgot the news yellow 50c chips. They are used as rake tokens on 1/2.

-Happy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Adde
10-01-2003, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, u forgot the news yellow 50c chips. They are used as rake tokens on 1/2.

[/ QUOTE ]

That new feature rocks!

HavanaBanana
10-01-2003, 06:39 PM
I just got upgraded at party, have seen one 'Note' so far, it is on my own name, it sayd : 'MsSunshine?'

I wrote that way back on his nick, how it came to be a note on me I have no idea , Hilarious! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NoChance
10-01-2003, 08:29 PM
I don't like that they removed that box telling us the hand history has been sent. When I got that box I knew the history had been sent. Now I have no idea if it works or not. Always have to go check my mail to make sure so I don't miss some hands.

Cyndie
10-01-2003, 08:37 PM
ROFL

BTW, has anyone else found that the statistics do not work? For past couple days my stats have been stuck at zero.

Cyndie
10-01-2003, 08:40 PM
I agree...after swearing at the notice box forever, I miss it...however, couldn't they put a notice that just disappeared on its own?

NoChance
10-01-2003, 08:50 PM
It's probably something we will get used to in time.

JTrout
10-01-2003, 10:08 PM
After the upgrade, I had a note on myself as well. It says, "Maniac. Raises with very little." And I can't get it off! Guess I'll just have to loosen up. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Pensive Gerbil
10-01-2003, 11:04 PM
I believe that adding a % or number seeing the flop for each table in the lobby would improve the stability of Party's games. Currently, a large number of players chase the games with the largest pots. If "% seeing the flop" were added, a subset of these table switchers would focus more on this statistic while others would continue to chase the biggest pots (or they may not switch tables if the game with bigger pots does not have a higher % seeing the flop).

I do not think this statistic has contributed much to the tightness of Paradise games. I think Paradise games have been tougher because knowledgable players know that Paradise has always had superior software and customer service. Their advertising and promotions have been inferior, however, resulting in a relative dearth of new blood. I also think Paradise's prominent individual statistics button is not good for the games.

-PG

GoBrowns
10-02-2003, 03:07 AM
What always annoys me 'bout Party is that you cant join a wait list for a table where there is an empty seat, even though its reserved. I mean, there can be 15 people on the waiting list, but if there is temporarily only 9 at the table, u gotta wait to join the waiting list.

I know that you can get on the list by joining the waiting list for ALL tables at a certain level, but thats even more annoying, being prompted to go to 20 tables all at the same time. Am I missing something?

Cyndie
10-02-2003, 05:09 AM
Also, does Party have the same thing that Paradise did...if you sign up for the next available, and take a seat, are you off all lists? or just the table you sit at.

and has everyone's stats gone down, or just stud?

Adde
10-02-2003, 05:31 AM
I agree...after swearing at the notice box forever, I miss it...however, couldn't they put a notice that just disappeared on its own?

The notice box was horrible, you don't want it back, hear me! /images/graemlins/wink.gif Your other idea is good. I'd say the best place for having a notice that (kind of) disappears on its own is in the chat box, "You have requested 100 hand histories.". This is when you request it from a table; if you request it via the menus, the old dialog notice could be used.

thwang99
10-02-2003, 06:28 AM
I agree, this is very annoying! - Tony /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

goodguy_1
10-02-2003, 08:56 AM
Can you request hand histories from the table?
I dont see a way to do it.It would be very nice
How do you do it? thnx

Cyndie
10-02-2003, 09:02 AM
click on the hand numbers top right of screen.

goodguy_1
10-02-2003, 09:16 AM
duh thanx I had brainfade for a minute there.thnx for the tip.I am a PokerTracker newbie but I love it.

lorinda
10-02-2003, 09:44 AM
Did they fix the No limit all in bug yet, the one where if someone goes all in for more than a legitimate raise, you still can't reraise them?

Lori

goodguy_1
10-02-2003, 09:49 AM
I hate that bug especially in PLO when some guy reraises 1-2 bucks and I wanna repop it with a aces to to thin the field further...very annoying