PDA

View Full Version : Problems at Prima

dux
10-01-2003, 12:26 AM
Prima Poker is seemingly gaining momentum in the online poker stakes, with heaps of players fresh off the freerolls playing alot of low limit NL. And now they have multi table tournies to boot.

However, IMO there are some real problems with the way the game is dealt. Seemingly there is no cap in NL! People can keep raising the minimum time and time again, with somebody usually stuck in between. Is this incorrect?

Also, what is the accepted all-in practice in a situation like this:

Say on the flop I bet $6, and still have a large stack - somebody else with a large stack calls my $6. Now, a third player who only has $7 decides to simply go all in. He raises me $1 effectively. Now, at Prima, I am told since I usually don't play these games, I can now reraise another $6, or greater. Is this unethical and more to the point should this be allowed?

I really would like to know if some players are getting a raw deal here.

lorinda
10-01-2003, 12:30 AM
Seemingly there is no cap in NL! People can keep raising the minimum time and time again, with somebody usually stuck in between. Is this incorrect?

This is correct.

Say on the flop I bet $6, and still have a large stack - somebody else with a large stack calls my $6. Now, a third player who only has $7 decides to simply go all in. He raises me $1 effectively. Now, at Prima, I am told since I usually don't play these games, I can now reraise another $6, or greater.

You should not be able to reraise here.

Lori

pokerwhore
10-01-2003, 01:34 AM
i dont think there should be a cap in any no limit game! Also I think you should be able to reraise an all in guy so you can start to build a pot for yourself.

yeh prima starting their multi tournys off right with 100,000 tourny /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Reason for the freerolls is they thought it best to gain player base with freerolls instead of using prop players to start games, I agree with them here I hate playing with props! Now they got plenty of games with no prop players /images/graemlins/smile.gif

for the smaller sites that are using props just look at bigbet they can use all the props they want just cost they more money and after 9 months they still cant get a game going. If they would of just had a few huge freerolls it would of filled their tables.

1800GAMBLER
10-01-2003, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Say on the flop I bet $6, and still have a large stack - somebody else with a large stack calls my $6. Now, a third player who only has $7 decides to simply go all in. He raises me $1 effectively. Now, at Prima, I am told since I usually don't play these games, I can now reraise another $6, or greater. Is this unethical and more to the point should this be allowed?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should look out for small stacks and really use that to your advantage, i based whole plays around hoping a small stack would just push in instead of calling when after calling he'd have a dollar left.

Capping: That would be strange. You'll notice a lot of limit players that don't do anything apart from min. bet, if it gets to you at 2 bets cold by players who don't know how to bet big assume they have big hands, so get ready to through away everything but a draw. If they do it for another round then just fold it. Don't call them idiots though.

Good luck putting up with PrimaPoker nevermind the players.

Cyndie
10-02-2003, 08:32 PM
Freeroll customers that paid no rake and took promotion money are not usually productive long term customers, are they?

Is a site looking for full tables, or raked tables?

pokerwhore
10-02-2003, 08:51 PM
full tables and more players=more depositing players

if a site has 10 props and only 1 table going they are not going to get any new players.

A site that host alot of freerolls and thus filling up their tables when a new players comes he or she is most likely if they are going to play, play with a site that has good promotions but also have games going 24hrs a day.

So its better to have freerolls than prop players cause it gives a site a steady flow of fish cause most freeroll players arnt that good anyway. It fills the tables up quick if you check pokerpulse look how far prima has come in under a year compared to bigbet who has gone no where!

westmt01
10-02-2003, 11:40 PM
IMO Prima is just a problem in general. There is no reason to play there - the fish are much better at more reputable sites (Party/skins, Paradise, Pacific, etc.). Prima has a long ways to go to be worth the trouble.