PDA

View Full Version : if account banned at party can you have account at empire?

pokerwhore
09-30-2003, 09:41 PM
I was wondering if your account is banned at party can you have an account at empire? My account was banned at party cause they thought they had the right when I made a deposit to take my money, well I was lucky I made deposit via credit card so I did a chargeback on their azz and got my money back and put a black mark on their merchant account /images/graemlins/smile.gif

but anyone know if I got problem with party would I have a problem with empire?

Cyndie
09-30-2003, 09:45 PM
i would encourage you to open an account and put five thousand dollars there, or at least $8.95...but seriously...chances are you better make a case for clearing up the original, cause both sites use the same accounting firm.

pokerwhore
09-30-2003, 09:50 PM
well then that isnt going to happen cause they didnt want to hear anything I had to say. In their view they was right and I was wrong but end the end I was right and got my money back /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cyndie
09-30-2003, 09:57 PM
Don't give up too easily...there was mention of this before, so holler if you want help.

Homer
09-30-2003, 10:56 PM
My account was banned at party cause they thought they had the right when I made a deposit to take my money

People will assume you did something fraudulent unless you elaborate on this. Party does not make a habit of taking player's money for no reason.

-- Homer

pokerwhore
09-30-2003, 11:12 PM
well for some reason party thought I owed them money from 15 months ago and I explained to them why if you thought I owed you money did you let me to play and cashout then 15 months later when I get a comeback e-mail with bonus soon as I make deposit within 10secs said my funds and account is on hold. I didnt owe them nothing maybe it was accounting error on their part but they wouldnt me to prove to them I didnt owe them the money, its not my place to prove if I owe them money or not it is theirs. Anyway after 4 days of talking on the phone they was going to keep my deposit without letting me play. Well under visa and mastercard regulations that is illegal to send me a e-mail wanting me to deposit to play poker then take my money for a bill from 15 months ago. I didnt receive what I paid for and that was to use the funds to play poker so my bank very quickly took the money back from partypoker /images/graemlins/smile.gif thats when my account was closed.

tiltboy
09-30-2003, 11:22 PM
What were they claiming you owed them money for from 15 months ago?

William
09-30-2003, 11:33 PM
I know something. If you have been banned from Party, you probably should be banned from this forum. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Bubmack
09-30-2003, 11:38 PM
The accounting firm that the Party and Empire use does not matter. They dont actually use the firm for daily processing of transactions. In fact, Party and Empire use different Affiliate managers (which does not mean much to you in your situation, but does show that the companies are fairly seperate in their procedures and internal accounting practices) - so I think you will probably be ok. However, I would not place a lot of $ in there and would cash out often.

Bubs

Bubs

Terry
09-30-2003, 11:53 PM
Send me a copy of the driver's license, birth certificate, passport, Social Security card, and all credit cards for all members of your household and I will straighten this out for you. I have never done anything wrong. The cops were mistaken... every time.

BlueBear
10-01-2003, 12:02 AM
I beg to differ with some of the other posters here. Without going into too many details, a friend of mine got banned from PP, tried to applied for an EmpirePoker account, couldn't start an account and was soon called up by the pay-pro people requesting the preferred players application. He didn't proceed.

Homer
10-01-2003, 12:16 AM
I'd like to know why so many people are getting banned from a poker site. No doubt some shady activities must be involved.

Cyndie
10-01-2003, 12:17 AM
Wonder if he really owes them, or they owe him?

Cyndie
10-01-2003, 12:26 AM
Well, there have been many instances of sites banning people for disagreeing with procedures in the early days of Paradise...or for mentioning other sites. Lots of my way or the highway when there were few choices of places to play.

Kind of reminds me of a time players hollered bloody murder that the site cheated them of money, but the site gave all the money in dispute to the players. If the site wanted to take the easy way out, they would have just caved and given money to the people who violated promotion rules, but they didn't.

So not all players who have been banned were smoking...but if PokerWhore were sure he didn't get more from Party than he was entitled to, I am sure a bookkeeping audit would straighten things out.

On two different occasions Party tried to overpay me, and I often wondered what would have happened if I hadn't sent the money back. One was for over a grand...not claiming any great conscience, just didn't want to risk a good place to win money.

In instances like whore's, the site is not allowed to defend itself either, because of privacy issues. Whore would have to give them permission to disclose records in order for them to say anything.

lorinda
10-01-2003, 12:47 AM
In instances like whore's, the site is not allowed to defend itself either, because of privacy issues.

Unless it is Golden Palace and they can get the KGC to steal five figure sums from some of the winners by inventing a new rule.

Edit: Sorry, the sum stolen by GP was 235k, so make that six figures.

Lori

Inthacup
10-01-2003, 12:53 AM
well for some reason party thought I owed them money from 15 months ago

Can you please give us some more details on this incident?

pokerwhore
10-01-2003, 01:12 AM
No they said I owed them money for a check that didnt clear. Well since I changed bank accounts of course its not going to clear if your company waits 15 months to deposit it. Then they wanted me to get banking records to prove my check clear and told them I have since changed bank accounts along time ago and ask how can you keep a check or waiting 15 months to finally say I owe you something. The funny thing was I made deposits and many cashouts during that 15 months and nothing said, so i would never pay them anything now!

Terry
10-01-2003, 02:17 AM
Closed account, bounced check, moved, reneged on credit card charge. Oh. I'm sorry. I totally misunderstood. It's all their fault.

Suggest you try http://www.propoker.com/
or http://www.rakefree.com/.

They are will treat you with the respect you deserve.

Adde
10-01-2003, 08:15 AM
If you have an account at Party, and also at their skins, and you get banned from Party, you also get banned from the skins. If you don't have an account at the skins, you might be able to create one after being banned from Party, but they are likely to discover you as the banned Party player when you cashout later on.

1800GAMBLER
10-01-2003, 09:00 AM
'No doubt some shady activities must be involved. '

I hope you mean that towards the pokersites. Since it's in their terms they can close for whatever reason they want i've saw accounts banned for:

Recommending another site.
Giving an e-mail address in the chat.
A player chip dumping without the other player knowning.
Swearing.
Using a credit card under the same surname (i.e. family member - same postal address on both) but not first name of the player.
Closed while they investigate your win rate.
Having a friend once playing on your computer on his account.

Admittly, i haven't heard of Party closing many accounts but others are being trigger happy.

1800GAMBLER
10-01-2003, 09:37 AM
Posting this so when Cyndie refreshes when she has finished her reply (about now) she'll check her PM Box. :P

Cyndie
10-01-2003, 09:37 AM
Could you, or anyone please let me know of any site that closes an account without reasonable cause?

There are often ways to get the sites to change their minds when there was real loss, not fraud.

1800GAMBLER
10-01-2003, 09:38 AM
PM /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.