PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Tournament Update.

Mike Haven
09-30-2003, 04:10 PM
SS-Guys v Zoo Challenge Tournament.

The $20+$2 Limit Tournament will be at TruePoker.com on Thursday the 16th October at 9.00pm Eastern (8.00pm Central).

Individuals will win money as normal. Each Team Member will score Team Points, depending where he finished. Total Team Points will determine the winner of the Team Challenge.

If you have to open a new account at True you will receive their normal 20% new account bonus, but make sure you pm me so I can ensure that you receive a free TruePoker hat. (Very good quality, actually.)

If you already have a real money account at True make sure you pm me so I can ensure that you receive a $10 rebate to your account.

You can ask Support@TruePoker.com for a temporary name-change for this Tournament, only, as long as you write to them before the 15th October. (You must tell them it is for the SS-Guys v Zoo Challenge Tournament.)

There will be a Password required for you to sit at one of the initial four Tournament Tables. I will pm this to you, but if you think you have not seen it by the 14th October at the latest, pm me.

Mike Haven
09-30-2003, 04:14 PM
The list of Zoo-definites as at time of writing is as follows:

Catfish4U
David
dogsballs
Foldarama_City
Havanabanana
inthacup
JayCo
jek187
kdog
lorinda
Miah
MrGrob
Myrtle
n1stunnor
ohcanada
ramjam
rustyJedi
Terry
William
XlgJoe

If there are any errors or omissions, please pm me as soon as possible.

Thank you.

thomastem
09-30-2003, 04:20 PM
Ahhh my animal assasins led by my spotted Owl now have targets.

By the way don't miss your chance to pick up our latest release "Animals gone Wild". You gotta see what they do on spring break.

slavic
09-30-2003, 04:30 PM
This format does seem a bit odd "team" poker. I have to admit that I'll find it hard not to cripple my own team mate if I hold a better hand. In the end we are playing for money.

Mike Haven
09-30-2003, 04:40 PM
Nothing less will be expected than shafting your own team-mate if you catch him trying to win a pot from you with KK when you have AA.

You are on your own until the fat lady sings and we count up the points.

ohkanada
09-30-2003, 08:22 PM
"ohcanada"

Seems like a spelling error /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Myrtle
09-30-2003, 10:50 PM
Aw shucks Mike....

Here I was thinking that you were such a nice fella and team spirited kinda guy!

Does this mean that if we get heads-up that you're actually gonna try to win the pot instead of graciously stepping aside in deference to a fine fellow Zoo team member such as myself?

I am totally shocked and chagrinned at this anti-social behavior!!

I feel that you leave me no choice other than to report you to Zoo president for proper admonishment and chastisement.

20 Our Fathers and 20 Hail Mary's, and dont forget to make a good act of contrition..........

Myrtle

p.s. Let me remind you, that the last time you tried that, I unceremoniously busted ur hiney right into the cheap seats. En Garde!!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike Haven
10-01-2003, 09:07 AM
oh! kanada!

my humble apologies

i am visually impaired - too much poteen (http://www.megastories.com/ireland/glossary2/poteen.htm) does that to you

Mike Haven
10-01-2003, 09:19 AM
i remember it only too well - it has become a tale we tell as we stack the stooks - passed down from generation to generation

i had the black Aces

i flopped three Aces with top kickers

turned a full house Aces up

rivered quad Aces

bet my house, home and kids

and you turned over your 72o straight flush with the comment "sorry - i was at the other table - who won?"

Myrtle
10-01-2003, 01:17 PM
WOW!!!!

What a memory....am I impressed...

/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Mike Haven
10-01-2003, 06:34 PM
The SS-Guys have announced their Team! And there is no way the Zoo can be happy at seeing some of the names.

Here it is. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=358416&page=0&view=expand ed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=)

I think the talk now should be of who is on whom.

Just to kick it off, it seems obvious to me that our very own Lorinda has to start off by crushing that traitor KurnSonOfMogh to repeat her victory of KOTZ 1. Once the mighty Kurn is out of the way, the path to total annihilation is open.

Can we hear who else wants whose else's blood?

HavanaBanana
10-01-2003, 07:04 PM
TuristOnTilt vs GuyOnTilt

TruePoker CEO
10-01-2003, 07:24 PM
To perhaps make it more interesting, Truepoker proposes to offer two Bounties:

$25.00 to the player who eliminates the most members of the other team, and

$25.00 to the player who eliminates the most members of his own team.

(In case of a tie for a Bounty, the player who survives longest wins)

Truepoker CEO

jek187
10-01-2003, 07:31 PM
RockLobster has an affiliate site, I have an affiliate site. You're mine Rock!

kdog
10-01-2003, 09:24 PM
Hmmm...looks kinda like Zoo vs. Zoo. Guess they left out most of the .50-1 guys.

Still gonna be FUN!!

And after a quick scan of both lists the top three tourney names that come to mind are Lorinda, Havanabanana and Myrtle.

Mike Haven
10-01-2003, 11:17 PM
Our good friend, David Gzesh, CEO TruePoker, has agreed yet another great bonus for the Zoo's Team!

All of our Team who register for the Challenge Tournament and pay for their seat by 12.01am CDT on October 13th will receive a further $2.00 Early Bird Rebate off the Tournament Buy-In after they play the Tournament on the 16th October!

They don't call him True-Man for nothing!

What a guy!

Mike Haven
10-01-2003, 11:54 PM
Here's the latest gen.

Over in the SS they are trying to gather up support in the open forum by way of setting up Bounties on the Zoo's Team's heads!

We can beat them at their own game.

Some of our best loved posters can't make it on the night, but maybe they will offer up Bounties on the heads of specific players in the SS-Guys' Team?

Say, if Mr Sunshine wants Kurn out of the way, fast, perhaps he would offer a $10 Bounty if a Zoo Teamer knocks him out?

Here's a list of their Team. If anyone wants to offer a Bounty on any of their heads - anything from $1 to $20, whatever you can afford - please post it below.

We are gonna whup these SS-Guys but we have to give our Team as big a gee-up as we can!

SS-Guys' Team:

ccnbme9
daryn
ElSapo
Homer J Simpson
Husker66
GuyOnTilt
JoeTall
KurnsonofMogh
Mangatang
MG in NJ
mosch
ninja please
nottom
Robk
RockLobster
rkiray
slavic
Scottnyce
thomastem
vehn_

Mike Haven
10-02-2003, 07:42 PM
i have sent out the password to the zoo team, via an inter-team relay method explained within the pm

please pass on the password to your nominated fellow team members as soon as you receive it

if you have not received the password by next thurday please pm me for it

thank you

Mike Haven
10-02-2003, 08:16 PM
jek - your friend RockLobster asked me to pass on these encouraging words:

"Let's get ready to RUMBLE!

Jek, you are a low-life undesirable piece of street filth. You and your crew of $5-a-night HIV+ bonus whores will be crying like a girl with a skinned knee once I river you again and again. I don't even want you to count toward my bounty, this is strictly personal.

Rock."

he seems a little miffed at something you said?

joeysmalls
10-02-2003, 10:45 PM
You better watch out, Hava...I got Guy's back and I owe you one!

Peace,
JT

jek187
10-02-2003, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jek, you are a low-life undesirable piece of street filth. You and your crew of $5-a-night HIV+ bonus whores will be crying like a girl with a skinned knee once I river you again and again. I don't even want you to count toward my bounty, this is strictly personal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm...how about a little last longer bet? Loser gives the winner $20 so the winner essentially gets a freeroll? Unless, of course, you're scared of a little Whore Power?

Defending the power of the Zoo has now been outweighed by defending Whores everywhere. Bring it on River Rat. You're mine! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

thomastem
10-02-2003, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm...how about a little last longer bet? Loser gives the winner $20 so the winner essentially gets a freeroll? Unless, of course, you're scared of a little Whore Power?

Defending the power of the Zoo has now been outweighed by defending Whores everywhere. Bring it on River Rat. You're mine! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhh Jek didn't you crush my stack when your lucky 4 kings took out my full house in the last True tourney? But who's keeping track?

thomastem
10-02-2003, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have sent out the password to the zoo team, via an inter-team relay method explained within the pm

please pass on the password to your nominated fellow team members as soon as you receive it

if you have not received the password by next thurday please pm me for it

thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you guys so scared of my animals that SS members don't get one?

MrGrob
10-02-2003, 11:41 PM
Ok...I guess that I am going to represent the Zoo Team (YEA, ZOO)...this may seen very weird for me to ask now, but what is the history here? SS...ZOO -- what is the meaning? When / Where did this rivalry come from...who are the good guys /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jek187
10-03-2003, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Uhhhh Jek didn't you crush my stack when your lucky 4 kings took out my full house in the last True tourney?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't call it luck. More like skill when I got that 4th K to fall. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Be warned Rock, Thomas was ready to send his Bison In Heat after me...he needed to be dealt w/quickly. Thus, the quads over FH. This is what you're in for.

Mike Haven
10-03-2003, 04:00 AM
the Zoo (the internet gambling forum) has long been the subject of jealousy by the other forums at twoplustwo

why?

because we have the most knowledgeable winning poker players in the world here who don't need to waste time discussing poker strategy - we are beyond that - so, instead, we come here to flame and shout and spam and generally let off steam while the game goes on

one member of the SS forum, (Small Stakes), which is filled with the most boring poker players in the world, davidross, wandered in here one day and the noise from thomastem's menagerie, mixed with a particularly heavy dose of fighting by the members, made him think he had happened upon a real life zoo - thanks to the venerable GrannyMae, it was realised that we should be proud for our very own forum to have an entity of is own, and The Zoo was born

rivalry?

there is no rivalry

we are the best and everyone wants to be able to tell their grandchildren that they once sat down with the best, however foolhardy it may have been at the time

we don't blame those poor fools - we'll take anyone's money

HavanaBanana
10-03-2003, 05:02 AM
Hear hear!

joeysmalls
10-03-2003, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
because we have the most knowledgeable winning poker players in the world here who don't need to waste time discussing poker strategy - we are beyond that - so, instead, we come here to flame and shout and spam and generally let off steam while the game goes on

[/ QUOTE ]

What's this we $hit? You're not even on a list, you coward!

[ QUOTE ]
we are the best and everyone wants to be able to tell their grandchildren that they once sat down with the best, however foolhardy it may have been at the time

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike, for your information, my name is Joe Tall and I am a legend in my own mind, I'm sure your grandchildren will understand.

[ QUOTE ]
one member of the SS forum, (Small Stakes), which is filled with the most boring poker players in the world, davidross, wandered in here one day and the noise from thomastem's menagerie, mixed with a particularly heavy dose of fighting by the members, made him think he had happened upon a real life zoo - thanks to the venerable GrannyMae, it was realised that we should be proud for our very own forum to have an entity of is own, and The Zoo was born

[/ QUOTE ]

When is Mat going to sweep out the cages again, this place STINKS!

Love,
JoeTall

hooplah
10-03-2003, 10:57 AM
I've been framed!

MrGrob
10-03-2003, 09:15 PM
Ok...wow...I wonder if I am "qualified" to be in the Zoo then, since all my winnings come mainly from 1/2 with some 2/4 & .50/1 mixed in (this mainly because of the rake (the wife) that thinks every single time I hit the 1500$ or 2000$ mark, it is time to take her cut for the time she has let me play /images/graemlins/laugh.gif )...would be a min 3/6 or 5/10 if I could keep the roll away from her /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Oh well, maybe I AM in the SS (HORRAY SS!!!) and not the ZOO as I thought...either way...I can't wait to play! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Mike Haven
10-03-2003, 09:27 PM
Inthacup has kindly offered to pay a $10 Hand Bounty to the first player who wins a hand that has reached the flop with a "GrannyMae" (Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/spade.gif) - (obviously he wants to hold on to his KOTZ winnings).

And majorkong of the SS Forum has offered a $10 Bounty on the head of our ohkanada - but only if one of the SS-Guys takes him out. So come on Zoo - make sure you knock out ohkanada before they do! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

HavanaBanana
10-03-2003, 09:56 PM
MrGrob what team is he on Mr. Haven? Zooooooooooo right!!!?

ohkanada
10-03-2003, 11:16 PM
Hmmmm. How about I just win it and no one gets the bounty or the satisfaction of knocking me out!

Ken Poklitar

RockLobster
10-04-2003, 12:50 AM
Be warned Rock, Thomas was ready to send his Bison In Heat after me...he needed to be dealt w/quickly. Thus, the quads over FH. This is what you're in for.

Ah, once disillusioned, always disillusioned. You are in for a great deal of pain, as my True name describes ("BackBreaker"). Be afraid, be very afraid.

Mike, should we post our True name on a list next to our 2+2 names? I want to be sure that people know who they're messing with!

And, um, do us SS guys have a cool name yet?

RockLobster
10-04-2003, 12:58 AM

Well, this IS getting interesting! I've always had a weakness for little whores. Note that in my only other True tourney (Zoo does True) I finished 3rd. (Just don't ask for details on any of my other tourney finishes, it's likely to blow the image I'm trying to project).

As it turns out, I'm working on a possible bounty for you right now. How about this outlast deal... whoever is outlasted by the other pays that person $10 and puts a nice big link to the other's web site on the front page of their site for a week. (As you know, I already link to your site because I think it's cool... but just think... FRONT PAGE!).

Let me know what you think /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

RockLobster
10-04-2003, 12:59 AM
You rule David!

jek187
10-04-2003, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
whoever is outlasted by the other pays that person $10 and puts a nice big link to the other's web site on the front page of their site for a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had thought about this. Unfortunately, I have a partner. Furthermore that partner is the one that does all the web design. Even furthermore, he doesn't want to risk having any clutter on the home page (I tried to explain there wasn't any risk but he would have none of it.)

So I can only "gamble" with my stuff. Maybe Mat would let us link to each other's sites in our signatures? If not...some note in there could work too. If nothing else, there's always cash.

Mike Haven
10-04-2003, 04:56 AM
MrGrob is on the Zoo Team.

(He is there so if a freak catastrophe occurs we can say, "it wasn't fair - it was 21 to 19". Gotta think of all the angles, y'know.)

slavic
10-04-2003, 05:00 AM
Since we all know you fear the SS team, we collectivly have decided to allow the Zoo team to stake us for the upcomming tourney. This should allow you to recoup some of your losses.

Mike Haven
10-04-2003, 05:09 AM
should we post our True name on a list next to our 2+2 names?

i promised players i wouldn't reveal their normal True playing names so i can't make that post

but that's why i arranged for True to let you make a temporary change to your playing name for this tourney only - you just have to e-mail support@truepoker.com before october 15th and mention you need it for the Zoo Challenge - i was hoping most people would use their twoplustwo posting names so that the hundreds of railbirds we are expecting can easily identify the players

the other thing (and i apologise, i can't remember who suggested it) i wanted to throw open for discussion was the idea that both Teams played with Team avatars - the idea of a tribe of busty Amazon women to put off the SS-Guys seemed excellent to me for the Zoo - again, it would help the railbirds see who they were rooting for on each table

what does the Team think?

RockLobster
10-04-2003, 07:41 AM
that's why i arranged for True to let you make a temporary change to your playing name

OK, I just e-mailed their support, I'll let you know what they say.

I love the idea of tribe avatars. It's cool AND practical.

RockLobster
10-04-2003, 07:58 AM
I had thought about this. Unfortunately, I have a partner. Furthermore that partner is the one that does all the web design.

Understood.

Even furthermore, he doesn't want to risk having any clutter on the home page (I tried to explain there wasn't any risk but he would have none of it.)

Your partner is very wise to disregard your hubris.

So I can only "gamble" with my stuff. Maybe Mat would let us link to each other's sites in our signatures? If not...some note in there could work too. If nothing else, there's always cash.

Oh, but money's so impersonal. How's this... You outlast me, I put a prominent link in the top half of my site that says this: As expected, Jek187 outplayed me at the Zoo Challenge. Follow this link to visit a better poker player's site. (http://www.bonuswhores.com) (No trickery or anything... this would be on the main page for one full week and would point to your site).

I outlast you, you give me $20.

Thoughts?

jek187
10-04-2003, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You outlast me, I put a prominent link in the top half of my site that says this: As expected, Jek187 outplayed me at the Zoo Challenge. Follow this link to visit a better poker player's site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. Except that is worth more than $20. So, here's what I'll do: You outlast me, I'll put: "As expected, RockLobster outplayed me at the Zoo Challenge. Go to RiveredAgain.com to visit a better poker player's site" in my sig for a week. I don't want to risk Mat's wrath, so I won't link. But the $20 should make up the difference.

Deal?

RockLobster
10-04-2003, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You outlast me, I put a prominent link in the top half of my site that says this: As expected, Jek187 outplayed me at the Zoo Challenge. Follow this link to visit a better poker player's site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. Except that is worth more than $20. So, here's what I'll do: You outlast me, I'll put: "As expected, RockLobster outplayed me at the Zoo Challenge. Go to RiveredAgain.com to visit a better poker player's site" in my sig for a week. I don't want to risk Mat's wrath, so I won't link. But the $20 should make up the difference.

Deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we have a deal. Now I'd better go read some poker books so I can figure out how to play this game. Would someone be kind enough to let Jek read Phil H's book?

MS Sunshine
10-04-2003, 03:02 PM
"Would someone be kind enough to let Jek read Phil H's book?"

ROFLMAO

MS Sunshine

kdog
10-04-2003, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the other thing (and i apologise, i can't remember who suggested it) i wanted to throw open for discussion was the idea that both Teams played with Team avatars - the idea of a tribe of busty Amazon women to put off the SS-Guys seemed excellent to me for the Zoo - again, it would help the railbirds see who they were rooting for on each table

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the busty blondes was my idea Mike but now I favor changing our avatars to the robot and claiming we're new Korean investors in True Poker.

Myrtle
10-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Team avatars make sense.......I'll be happy to don a busty broad skin (or whatever is decided) for the Zoo..........

Myrtle

ramjam
10-04-2003, 05:22 PM
Mike

In order that the Zoo team is fully briefed as to what to expect and can make the necessary tactical adjustments, I thought it might be helpful to put together the following form guide on our opposition. I hope it helps!

ccnbme9 - His poker thinking is as confused as his name.
daryn - daryn was previously scheduled to play on the Zoo team but was barred for being underage. This young gun is as likely to shoot himself in the foot as take out any opponents.
ElSapo - ElSapo is Spanish for toad. His play is no prettier.
Homer J Simpson - Little information is available on this dark horse. It is rumoured that his play can suffer as a result of drafting up to 20 posts an hour while playing short-handed 5/10. His participation is conditional on a medical examination to confirm that exposure to TruePoker's 3D graphics and real-life sound effects will not induce sensory overload.
Husker66 - Tough. In fact, Husker learnt to play poker at the Texas State Penitentiary at Huntsville. He now lives in a trailer park outside Dallas with his first cousin and fifth wife, Sondra-Raelene. His other hobbies include cow-tipping and collecting snakeskin novelties.
GuyOnTilt - Could be their strongest player after receiving expert advice from the Zoo camp.
JoeTall - Maniac. If he caps the flop, you could be up against a hand as strong as bottom pair.
KurnsonofMogh - Kurn lives in a replica of the star ship Enterprise that he built from matchsticks at his homestead in Rhode Island. Kurn is also one of the strongest holdem players in Cranston.
Mangatang - Cunning and tricky monkey-like creature.
MG in NJ - His play shows all the sublety and beauty that the Garden State is famous for.
mosch - Named after the designer label Moschino. Flashy, trendy, sexy - but don't count on staying power or value for money.
ninja please - No thank you.
nottom - Rhymes with bottom. Expect him to seize this position on the tournament leader board.
Robk - Hails from the Windy City. I see his chips being blown into Zoo pockets in quick fashion.
RockLobster - Despite his name, this character is more likely to be dishing out the bad beats than receiving them.
rkiray - A Zoo mole. We have bribed this player to sow discord in the SS ranks. He successfully accomplished his first mission by suggesting that the sage advice of SS's leading Carpal Tunnel, Dynasty, may not be optimal. Expect more fireworks over the next fortnight.
slavic - Misunderstood genius. Completely unreadable.
Scottnyce - Not that nice.
thomastem - Zoo turncoat. His game might improve if he delegated more playing decisions to his animals.
vehn_ - Weak tight.

TruePoker CEO
10-04-2003, 06:47 PM
... at the stakes change, you could all change into the biker guy, the tuxedo guy or whatever ... If done en masse, it might rattle the other side.

slavic
10-04-2003, 07:23 PM
slavic - Misunderstood genius. Completely unreadable.

Translation: Dim witted moron with a lisp.

joeysmalls
10-06-2003, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
JoeTall - Maniac. If he caps the flop, you could be up against a hand as strong as bottom pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, I may hold AA or my birth year, 72. Good luck putting me on a hand. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pedro,
JT

HUSKER'66
10-06-2003, 12:41 PM
I haven't figured out yet how that sleuth ramjam got his info, but I wanted to set the record straight. I will first point out his tidbits followed by fact.

1) tough.........................( this is true /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

2) Husker learnt to play poker at the Texas State Penitentiary at Huntsville..............( actually, I honed my skills fleecing young "fish" for food and smokes in the facility known only as the "tower" located here in Fort Worth. My sentence (3 years) was considered short, and that, coupled with the overcrowding problem in Huntsville, kept me here in county. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif) On a side note: I was able to build my stash up to approx. 300 cartons of smokes, and traded my "Marlboro miles" in for an iron lung.

3)He now lives in a trailer park (we like to call it a "mobile community") outside Dallas (Fort Worth), with his first cousin and fifth wife, Sondra-Raelene.........now this is totally wrong. First off, she is my fourth wife; and her name is Billie JO Bob. She is my second cousin. Your confusing her with my third wife. (her name is Sondra, and she was my first cousin....)

after looking through the rest of my bio, (cowtipping and snakeskin novelties) you pretty much hit it on the head /images/graemlins/grin.gif....don't know how you found out some of this stuff, but I'm fixin to seek you out at the tourny and show you what a fiery iron bellied Texan is all 'bout!!!

'nuff said, let the a$$ whoopin begin!!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

joeysmalls
10-06-2003, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thomastem - Zoo turncoat. His game might improve if he delegated more playing decisions to his animals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmmmm....I smell a mole!??

thomastem
10-06-2003, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmmmm....I smell a mole!??

[/ QUOTE ]

I have two words for you..... Bill Buckner

HUSKER'66
10-06-2003, 03:54 PM
thomas has a whole family of moles....I have no doubt that is what you are smelling. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Now , if your refering to thomas himself being the mole /images/graemlins/blush.gif you have little to worry about....he (and his barnyard full of assorted animals) will do the SS team proud. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

thomastem
10-06-2003, 03:57 PM
Another two words for Joe Fall..... Bucky Dent

joeysmalls
10-06-2003, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have two words for you..... Bill Buckner

[/ QUOTE ]

He was a great player, quite underrated: http://espn.go.com/page2/s/simmons/021016.html

If you really knew what you were talking about you would have said, "Calvin Schiraldi".

Peace,
JT

joeysmalls
10-06-2003, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Autumn is my favorite month.

Again, "Lou Pinella's catch" would have been a better play.

That's ok, you're learning.

Pedro!,
JT

thomastem
10-06-2003, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Autumn is my favorite month.

Again, "Lou Pinella's catch" would have been a better play.

That's ok, you're learning.

Pedro!,
JT

[/ QUOTE ]

OK how about "Na Na Nanette"

Deadbuddha
10-06-2003, 09:15 PM
need a couple more people i think
lets take them down!

kdog
10-06-2003, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK how about "Na Na Nanette"

[/ QUOTE ]
It was "No No Nanette" Thomas but that's ok. You've got another series at least to pick on the Sox.
Boston 4
Oakland 3

joeysmalls
10-07-2003, 12:03 AM
If you wondered why your ears were burning:

Zoo Team breakdown. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=363306&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

daryn
10-07-2003, 12:20 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
daryn - daryn was previously scheduled to play on the Zoo team but was barred for being underage. This young gun is as likely to shoot himself in the foot as take out any opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah my pic is bad.

hey i'm almost 23 cut me some slack /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jek187
10-07-2003, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
jek187 - simply put, jek fears me: "Also, while I'm sure you're a nice guy, would you mind staying out of my games? Someone who only sees the flop 22% outside the blinds and raises preflop 15% isn't someone I want to deal w/.” – via a PM by jerk 187

[/ QUOTE ]

While it's true you aren't welcome in my ring games, I do thank you for reminding me of this.

Note to Zoo: 3bet JoeTall at will.

Gamblor
10-07-2003, 09:57 AM
Lake trout for the SS.
Great Whites for the Zoo.

Gamblor
10-07-2003, 09:57 AM
Minnows for the SS.
Great Whites for the Zoo.

Joe Tall
10-07-2003, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
While it's true you aren't welcome in my ring games,

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmmmmmmmmm......FEAR!!

[ QUOTE ]
I do thank you for reminding me of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I new I saved it for a reason, just happened to find the right opptunity to use it.

Once a jerk, always a jerk.

Love,
JoeTall

thomastem
10-07-2003, 10:55 AM
My gosh what a dilemna which one do we root for? The Dakota King (Owns the double-wide at the top of the hill) or the Baaaastan dude missing his spoon. Blue Blood vs the Red neck wannabe (he didn't graduate yet.)

We should name this battle here are a few suggestions:

1. Roe vs Wade
2. Not sure vs misunderstood
3. Godzilla vs Gozilla's offspring
4. Tastes Great vs less filling
5. Clammer vs Spent lust

Vote early vote often

Mike Haven
10-07-2003, 02:31 PM
Good news for jek187!

To add a little spice to jek187's game, RockLobster and JoeTall have kindly and collectively agreed a total $20 bounty to the player of either Team who up-ends him out of the Tournament, the more unceremoniously the better, on the one condition that this happens BEFORE jek187 reaches the money-seats.

jek187 now has the advantage of knowing that any time he is on the receiving end of a big raise it is likely to mean nothing except that he is being regarded as a shiny new $20 note.

On behalf of jek, thank you Rock and Joe!

RockLobster
10-07-2003, 03:06 PM
Wow, nice spin Mike!

And you are very welcome.

jek187
10-07-2003, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To add a little spice to jek187's game, RockLobster and JoeTall have kindly and collectively agreed a total $20 bounty to the player of either Team who up-ends him out of the Tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

I would also like to thank you guys for making my run at the top just that much easier. But at least it shouldn't cost you anything /images/graemlins/wink.gif

dogsballs
10-08-2003, 09:44 AM
This is great - bounties everywhere in this tourney.

Is there going to be a definitive listing of the bounties somewhere - perhaps a post of all the bounties and their conditions can be stuck up just before the tourney starts (if someone knows them/has collected them as they appear - Mike?). Gotta know who to shoot for, ya know.
Is David True-man playing...I might put one on him if he doesn't let me use my regular name...;)

dogs

Mike Haven
10-08-2003, 10:17 AM
yes, dog (or should i call you balls?) - good idea

i have been keeping a note of the bounties and will post a list nearer the big day

if players don't want to pay dollars but want to enter into the competitive spirit that has been engendered, how about a few "last longer" signature-type bets?

you know the sort - if cyndie lasts longer than lorinda, lorinda has to have a signature for two weeks that reads "I read PokerScene" - or, vice versa, cyndie has to have "Lorinda knows more about poker than I do" - awful stuff like that

how about it, folks? all ideas welcome

HUSKER'66
10-08-2003, 01:02 PM
how about this......since thomastem originally signed up under the SS flag, then turned double agent and left only to come back and sign up under the Zoo flag ( with all his foul smelling farm animals), I challenge T and his "crew" minus the pesky chicken (he,he,he) to this. When I last longer then him and his menagerie, he agrees to not mention once anything about his barnyard cohorts for a period of two weeks, 14 days, or a fortnight (take your pick) if he last longer than myself /images/graemlins/smirk.gif I will be open to a suggestion of similiar fashion from him. thomas, are you ( and your goat, bison, and whatever else you got hidden in your house) up to the challenge?!?!?!?

Mike Haven
10-08-2003, 01:12 PM
Post deleted by Mike Haven

Mike Haven
10-08-2003, 01:12 PM
for chrissake don't tell him i said this but i think you may have hit on the one way to avoid the Zoo trying to knock you out quickly

genius

dogsballs
10-08-2003, 01:14 PM
lol. Mike, I think this observation might start off a new flurry of 'bounties'.

thomastem
[ QUOTE ]
how about this......since thomastem originally signed up under the SS flag, then turned double agent and left only to come back and sign up under the Zoo flag ( with all his foul smelling farm animals), I challenge T and his "crew" minus the pesky chicken (he,he,he) to this. When I last longer then him and his menagerie, he agrees to not mention once anything about his barnyard cohorts for a period of two weeks, 14 days, or a fortnight (take your pick) if he last longer than myself /images/graemlins/smirk.gif I will be open to a suggestion of similiar fashion from him. thomas, are you ( and your goat, bison, and whatever else you got hidden in your house) up to the challenge?!?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are on if you agree to your end. If you last longer than me I can't mention my animals for 14 days in the SS, Internet, and News/views forums. If I last longer than you then you write a post each day in all 3 of the above forums titled "Texas ohh Hah!".

My debt is self explanatory. Husker you will educate us on Texans. String Ties to the Long Horns on the pink Caddy convertable. Gun racks to the electric slide. We want to know.

Is it a deal?

HUSKER'66
/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sometimes, I amaze even myself /images/graemlins/wink.gif

HUSKER'66
10-08-2003, 01:25 PM
thomas, as they say here in God's country.......... a'ight. I would be more than happy to educate our fellow 2+2's to the splendors of my fine adopted state. I may have been born in Nebraska, but I got hear as quick as I could. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Just so you and your animals understand....."your on"!

ps ( sorry to hear about your chicken)

JayCo
10-08-2003, 02:47 PM
One or more bounties to add to the mix I hope...

ZOO vs SS Challenge Challenge - Team Bounties, Anyone? (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=365338&amp;page=0&amp;view=collap sed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)

JayCo
10-09-2003, 06:25 PM
Thanks in advance to all for winning me the cash.

The final list for the Team Bounty Challenge (in the order they Cowboyed Up):

1) HUSKER'66
2) Joe Tall
3) Barry
4) RockLobster
5) GuyOnTilt

Thanks for the extra cash, guys. FYI- I plan on parlaying the cash on the Sox in the Series

J

thomastem
10-09-2003, 06:32 PM
The Penguins will win it all!