PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing sight on WWE broadcast last night

Clarkmeister
09-30-2003, 02:37 PM
I just happened to be flipping channels right as a steroided up wrestler body slammed some girl. I know its all acting but do we really need stuff like that on national TV on a show that is watched by tons of young people?

Wake up CALL
09-30-2003, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just happened to be flipping channels right as a steroided up wrestler body slammed some girl. I know its all acting but do we really need stuff like that on national TV on a show that is watched by tons of young people?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, this can't be a very good influence for either the boys or girls. After all look what Jackass has done to our impressionable youth.

Boris
09-30-2003, 02:47 PM
TV in general is not a good influence on young people. I don't see how the WWE is any worse or better than other shows.

Personally I love the WWE. It's about the only thing I watch on TV other than baseball and football. I also like the Pro Bull Riding Tour.

Dynasty
09-30-2003, 03:26 PM
They've been doing that for years. I'm assuming the woman was one of the performers. If so, she can take it. It's no different than woman stunt performers in Hollywood.

If you want a real disturbing site, you have to go back a couple years. A 75-80 year old woman was picked up by a guy standing on the second rope. He held her over his head and slammed her through a table to the ring mat. That was disturbing.

Wake up CALL
09-30-2003, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They've been doing that for years. I'm assuming the woman was one of the performers. If so, she can take it. It's no different than woman stunt performers in Hollywood.

If you want a real disturbing site, you have to go back a couple years. A 75-80 year old woman was picked up by a guy standing on the second rope. He held her over his head and slammed her through a table to the ring mat. That was disturbing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did the little old lady jump up and hit him back with a metal chair? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dynasty
09-30-2003, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did the little old lady jump up and hit him back with a metal chair? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No. She had an inter-racial affair with a 350 pound black weight lifter and then gave birth to a plastic hand. Even WWF fans couldn't figure that last part out.

Wake up CALL
09-30-2003, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. She had an inter-racial affair with a 350 pound black weight lifter and then gave birth to a plastic hand. Even WWF fans couldn't figure that last part out.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif Very good Dynasty!!

daryn
09-30-2003, 03:52 PM
i'm sure you know this, but kids that emulate jackass and get seriously injured are IDIOTS.

Boris
09-30-2003, 04:20 PM
I think Jackass has immense good for our gene pool.

Clarkmeister
09-30-2003, 11:00 PM
Wow. That *is* disturbing.

Clarkmeister
09-30-2003, 11:03 PM
But while people in shows like Jackass are hurting themselves, and other shows just involve sex and promiscuity, this is portraying violence against women by men.

I think that there is a distinct difference and its a line that doesn't need to be crossed.

Gamblor
10-01-2003, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LMAO Very good Dynasty!!

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not making it up. Mark "Sexual Chocolate" Henry and Mae Young were a big item a couple years ago.

It all started when she flashed her puppies on the air and he was smitten.

Boris
10-01-2003, 12:39 PM
I think you have a keen sense of chivalry. The WWE doesn't promote violence against women in general, just women wrestlers. If Annika Sorenstam can play with the boys, well by god the WWE Divas can rassle with them big male brutes. It's equal rights.