PDA

View Full Version : rakefree.com (Yes, Russ appears to be making a return)!

Stew
09-30-2003, 01:08 PM
www.rakefree.com (http://www.rakefree.com)

There's some content on the site now, don't know if anyone has checked it lately, but the last time I did it was under construction.

I wonder if this blowhard will stake all those players that he owns money to at his new site. This guy is the prototypical schemer, I actually thought he had a good personality on the WSOP shows, but the more insight I gain, the more I realize that his personality is what drives people to like him and how he gains investors for his fruitless scams.

hehateme
09-30-2003, 02:38 PM
That letter has been sitting there for months. No sign he's made any progress. This isn't 1997, investors aren't going to dump money into any site without a solid business plan. It'll be great though, just think... no one will get paid, no one will ever be able to cashout, but there will be NO RAKE!!!

Terry
09-30-2003, 03:11 PM
He got a hat made with the site logo on it, and he put the hat on sideways on national television to be sure it got seen. The site has no real content other than a plea for investors, and he admits that his business plan is nonexistent.

I would say that his priorities are just what I would expect.

lorinda
09-30-2003, 03:15 PM
and he admits that his business plan is nonexistent.

Must be trying the new honest approach /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lori

VeryTnA
09-30-2003, 04:50 PM
Until Mr. Boyd pays off MS SUNSHINE (and others), This is one site I will NOT touch! I feel thats the least I can do. These two people support and add to the poker community in many ways.
I had the pleasure of meeting them at the WSEX tourmament in San Diego recently. They were very friendly, helpful, open and honest with any questions. In case you were wondering....The Mrs. MS Sunshine is very attractive. I hope everyone who is owed money from Poker Spot gets paid.

hehateme
09-30-2003, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Until Mr. Boyd pays off MS SUNSHINE (and others), This is one site I will NOT touch! I feel thats the least I can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't worry about it. He's a lazy pothead with a horrible reputation no longer living in the absurd speculative dot com economy of 1998. He'll never get it off the ground.

[ QUOTE ]

I hope everyone who is owed money from Poker Spot gets paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep dreaming.