PDA

View Full Version : Happy Ending?

andyfox
09-30-2003, 12:58 PM
Hadn't played in quite some time. I was out of the country for a while, busy at work too. So I was excited to be able to sneak out for a couple of hours yesterday. I called another 2+2er whose company is a joy and we agreed to meet for lunch.

Meet we did. His lunch order got misplaced or messed up or something. It came a half an hour after mine did. So while we ate lunch together we didn't really eat lunch together.

After lunch, I got into a new 30-60 game. He sweated me for two rounds. I put one chip into a pot voluntarily, flopped bottom pair and folded to a bet. He couldn't stand all this excitement and bid me a fond farewell.

At lunch, we had been talking about running good (which he is) and running bad and how, when running bad, or even when running good, one should get up and go home if one loses a rack.

The 30 game doesn't look too good so I move to the 40 when they call my name. It's a must move game and doesn't look too good either but the games to which one must move looked great.

By and by I get pocket aces, 5 of us see the flop which comes with a ten in it matching the two other tens one of my opponents has. By the time they call me for the must move I have 14 chips left. Add this to the fact that they called me to the must move the second after I looked at my big blind cards, and things aren't looking too good.

So I, of course, violate the one rack rule and buy another. Things go worse than they did with the first rack. I'm down to about 30 chips when we get a family pot with me with K-Js on the button. Flop comes K-K-x and I get three calls on the river. And my hand is good.

I win my next big blind with J-2 when I flop two pair and I flop top two with my next next big blind with 8-4 and they hold up. I cash out a $283 winner. Happy Ending? Hoo-ah! (Watched Scent of a Woman last night.)

The window on my car which was broken and apparently fixed for $345 yesterday morning wasn't working when I got to my car. The cable guy didn't show up and my physical therapist hurt his back and didn't show up either. My wife burnt her finger cooking dinner, my son's ERB score's arrived and, well, they look like a bad beat. Not pretty. We can't ship a bunch of big orders because goods are being held up in customs. A lighting fixture at home broke for no apparent reason, sending glass crashing to the floor at 2 AM.

Poker's easy.

Life, on the other hand, is a tough game.

Kurn, son of Mogh
09-30-2003, 01:12 PM
Good post. reminds me of when Sosa and Big Mac were chasing the home run record and somebody asked Sosa how he was handling the pressure.

"What pressure?" he asked. "Being 14 and having to support your family by shining shoes. That's pressure. This is fun."

andyfox
09-30-2003, 01:27 PM
Yeah, Trevino said sorta the same thing when they asked him how he handles the pressure of putting for a quarter of a million dollars. "Pressure? That's not pressure. Pressure is putting for two dollars when you only have one in your pocket."