PDA

View Full Version : AJ 20/40 hand

09-30-2003, 09:27 AM
20/40 at the Hollywood in Aurora. Pretty good game so far, same one as I posted the AKh hand earlier this week. The very bad player who loves to checkraise on my right limps in and I raise with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 from the button. SB calls as does the limper. Flop is J93 rainbow. It's checked to me and I bet, SB folds, limper calls. Turn is J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, putting two hearts on board. Limper checks, I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, he 4-bets, and I call. River is a small heart. He checks, and I check behind, not wanting to get check-raised again by J9, J3, or even hearts.

Weak check on the river??

Gavin

Franchise (TTT)
09-30-2003, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Weak check on the river??

[/ QUOTE ]

No. What do you want him to call you with?

Gabe
09-30-2003, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you want him to call you with?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah5h?

Buckshot
09-30-2003, 11:53 AM
KJo?

I have a hard time not betting in these situations, but, apparently, it's been my downfall.

~stephen

biggambler
09-30-2003, 12:27 PM
If he has the flush, you may be mad that you got check raised again and it might affect your play. On the other hand if he has KJ he just might fold and you win nothing anyway. It may be a close play, but I would accept your check as reasonable.

Huh
09-30-2003, 12:39 PM
I usually take an opponent pretty seriously when they put that fourth bet in on the turn, but I think this really depends on the player. Against your average opponent, I bet, but there are several people who I play against who are very fond of the river check-raise, and against those types I think the check here is fine. Unfortunately, they also happen to be the players who will pay off a river bet here with many many hands, so....did he have pocker threes?

-Huh

Franchise (TTT)
09-30-2003, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What do you want him to call you with?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah5h?

[/ QUOTE ]

You enjoy losing that extra BB?

10-01-2003, 08:43 PM
After I checked behind, he showed K /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and he definitely would have payed off a bet on the river, no doubt about it. I still am not sure whether it was worth risking the 1BB win for the 2BB loss if I get check-raised. I think I should probably have bet there if I can fold to a raise, but against this player I can't fold to the raise, so therefore, no bet. Thanks for the responses.

Gavin