PDA

View Full Version : 2 NL Hands on True

Scottnyce
09-30-2003, 08:44 AM
True $100 NL Table

I'm in LP with $145. Dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

Early position player ($151) raises it to $10. I call. Everyone folds.

Flop comes 9AQ Rainbow. EP player bets out $20. I go all in.

How was that?

Another hand.....$50 NL table

I'm in small blind ($50) with K10s, I call.

Big blind($56) raises to $5. I call.

Flop
QKQ

BB bets out $10. I raise $5. He calls.

Turn: 10

I check, He checks.

River: 10

I bet $10, he raises me $10....I go all in....?

How was that?

1800GAMBLER
09-30-2003, 09:42 AM
Hand 1. For that amount i could fold AK. When you call those i come out pot betting the turn, then i can't fold.

Hand 2. Fold to the raise. Although it can be argued to call since there are only you two. But you are still more likely to be dominated than dominating. I'd call on the river though.

Guy McSucker
09-30-2003, 01:57 PM
How much are the blinds?

If it's $1 in the first instance, I don't really like the preflop call with AQ. The raiser has made a hefty raise, indicating a pair or AK. Of course he might not have those, and you might outdraw him, but it will be hard to know when you have done.

When you flop top two like this, let's hope he had AK and let him keep betting at us... Just call until the pot is so large that he has to call your raise.

Same applies preflop in the second case. As JayP said, it's a tough one when you're just two players, but he has position and KT isn't much of a hand. I think it's wiser just to give it up preflop.

He bets $10 and you raise $5? Is this for real? That wouldn't be allowed in most games...

Guy.

Scottnyce
09-30-2003, 05:26 PM
The second hand he bet out $5, and I raised it to $10....sorry for the confusion....

With the first hand (the AQ), what about giving him more outs by not making a stand and taking the pot. If he does have AK he would have 3K's and 4 J's that would beat me? Is looking at that playing scared?

Ignatius
09-30-2003, 06:15 PM
1) Preflop, if EP is a sane player, you should muck your AQ for an 1 1/2 pot overbet (assuming blinds of 1-2) as you're dominated or tied by all legetimate EP raising hands.
On the flop, all you can beat is AK and KK and none of those hands will call an all-in raise. Either raise small or call and raise all-in on turn.
2) Assuming blinds of 0.5-1, muck your KTs as with an effective stack of $50 you're not getting enough implied odds to warrant a call for 10% of your stack out of position. On the flop, bet out! Do not check-raise and thereby turn your top-pair/no-kicker into a pure bluff.

1800GAMBLER
09-30-2003, 06:36 PM
Limit poker side of me:

If you made the $20 bet and he called he has make a mistake. In that light he has already spoiled his odds.

More so, every $1 is a -EV bet.

But since this is NL and you are ready to throw in your whole stack lets chat NL.

<font color="blue"> Case 1: </font>

He has a 1 in 6.5 chance of catching on the turn. So 2 out of 13 times you'll throw your stack in and lose.

9 out of 13 times you'll throw your stack in with the best of it.

<font color="blue"> Case 2: </font>

Or you can play it like this and i'd say 90% of players could fold AK here.

So 90% of the time you'll win the pot which it is already.

10% of the time you'll throw your stack in with the best off it.

Now you can run the BBs in each case to see which is the best play.

Add the percentage of the time he has AA if you care. But if you are comparing throwing in on the turn to throwing in on the flop then you don't need to add AA since it will just cancel out.

<font color="blue"> Results: </font>

If the stack sizes are huge compared to pet size you want to calltrap. If the pot is huge compared to stack sizes you want to take the pot right away, still making money from him if he calls though.

Jon Matthews
10-01-2003, 07:02 AM
hand 1

Preflop fine, post flop i'd be tempted to call. You have the potential to make money on this hand and all in might kill it. Two days ago I had AQs and just called the flop (which was exactly the same) and turn and got all in on the river in a 3 way hand which let me triple up nicely with my top 2.

edit: i'm assuming 1/2 blinds here

hand 2

muck preflop

how did you raise from 10 to 15 on the flop?

Jon