PDA

View Full Version : PLO8 (Party $100) : heads-up...

Ulysses
09-30-2003, 12:46 AM
All the tables are full, but there are a bunch of people waiting, so I sit down and start a table. I have $106. My opponents has $90. We play heads-up for a little while waiting for the table to fill. Very little raising preflop.

I'm in SB w/ [ 6s, Tc, 8s, 7c ]. I complete for $1.

** Dealing Flop ** : [ 9c, 8c, Jh ]
I bet pot ($3.80), my opponent calls.

** Dealing Turn ** : [ 4h ]
I feel pretty good w/ my second nut straight + oe straight flush draw. I decide to try and induce a bluff.

I bet 5. Opponent raises to 20. I pot-raise to 70.

Thoughts?

bugstud
09-30-2003, 03:13 AM
even headsup I muck this, too medium. If it's like QJT9 I might play. Here he might have a low draw and the same straight or better, those types of hands. If oyu're lucky it's just 2 pair and no low, but that'd be a godsend.

crockpot
09-30-2003, 06:17 PM
i really don't like this call preflop. the hand is just not the kind that makes a nut hand without the low being out, and needless to say you do not want to be relying on a 7-6 low to win you any money. in pot limit hands like this are especially bad, because if you hit a straight, you likely will win zero if you get half the pot, unless two nut lows are out.

as for the turn play, this is interesting. there is a reasonable chance your straight is good, and if not, there is a good chance that your low or flush draws may win for you. i wouldn't really like pushing in with the hand, but against an opponent capable of making this raise without a QT, i think i do it.

but you really shouldn't be there with this hand, even if it's only half a bet to play it. hands like this are decent for PLO high, but not in this game.

Ulysses
09-30-2003, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but you really shouldn't be there with this hand, even if it's only half a bet to play it. hands like this are decent for PLO high, but not in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably all the response that this hand really merited. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks to both of you for your responses.