PDA

View Full Version : PLO8 (Party $25) : botched or masterfully executed?

Ulysses
09-30-2003, 12:36 AM
$25 buy-in PartyPoker PLO8. I have $34. My opponent in this hand has $20.

One caller ($.50) to me on the button w/ [ 5d, Ad, Ts, Ah ]

Pair of aces, one suited, cruddy low - I decide to raise the pot. Any sense in doing this?

I pot-raise to 2.25

SB and BB call.

** Dealing Flop ** : [ 2d, Jc, 3s ]

Checked to me. I now have a reasonable low draw + a wheel draw, plus a pair of Aces. I feel like I have a decent shot at at least one of high or low, if not a scoop.

I bet the pot, $7.

SB raises all-in to $18. BB folds.

I call, thinking I'm in pretty good shape against most hands and really good shape if he doesn't have a set.

Comments?

Ulysses
09-30-2003, 12:39 AM
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Ac ]
** Dealing River ** : [ 2h ]

Board: [ 2d Jc 3s Ac 2h ]

I win w/ Aces full.

My opponent had [ 3c 2c 7h 7d ] for flopped two pair.

bugstud
09-30-2003, 03:11 AM
you have Aces, backdoor flush, a5 low/wheel draws. Given the party game texture this allin may be done as little as a pair and low draw 245/345 type, which you're doing alright against, or some type of two pair. Peeking, 23 is one of those hands I'd expect to see flipped over. You're running a pretty nice freeroll if a low of any sort (barring the 5) hits. I think you see why Crock plays 3 of these tables at once...hit a flop decently and break someone. It's that easy! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

crockpot
09-30-2003, 06:19 PM
the pot raise preflop is kind of marginal, but this is a good hand for shorthanded play, so i don't really argue with it as long as you play well from the flop on.

on the flop, you have a clear call. it is really hard for him to have you beat in both directions. if a third player was in, you should fold, as you are not hitting to the nuts in either direction.