PDA

View Full Version : Borgata 6/12 V. Taj 5/10--have the tables turned?

scrub
09-29-2003, 01:36 PM
Hey folks,

I had abandoned the Borgata 6/12 about a month after it opened because the games seemed to populated with too many tight/aggressive regulars compared to the Taj 5/10, as many noted on this forum.

I ended up at the Borgata this weekend as part of a big group, and found a much less populated room than I remembered, but only saw two or three of the the "regulars" that had made me stop playing there in the first place. The three tables I played at were all like a 2/4 without the raising.

Anybody else noticed a change, or did I just luck out?

scrub

Mike Gallo
09-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Anybody else noticed a change, or did I just luck out?

I also notice a change in the game selection there.

Very little raising a lot of limping.

The games play very loose passive.

slamdunkpro
09-29-2003, 01:55 PM
There dosn't seem to be a lot of difference in the 6/12 vs the 3/6 at the Borg anymore. It's a lot of limp, chase, shootout.

I've gone to the 10/20 sometimes 20/40 - they seem to be more beatable and less luck involved.

tpir90036
09-29-2003, 03:52 PM
i played at the taj all night saturday and the borgata on sunday afternoon. granted, it is football season but the borgata was *dead* compared to when i was there last month. the only way i can describe the game i was in is weak loose. i folded out 5+ people on two different occasions with a raise on not overly ragged flops with TPTK. bizarre. contrast that with the taj games i was in where people were calling three raises cold with any face card.

i also got stuck in a game at the taj with drunk gamblers that kept capping pre-flop with literally nothing just to be funny. i came out on top, but the swings got annoying since i was tired....i ended up moving to a 3/6 game becasue i needed a healthy dose of limpers /images/graemlins/wink.gif

AC rules.

daryn
09-29-2003, 06:27 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

i also got stuck in a game at the taj with drunk gamblers that kept capping pre-flop with literally nothing just to be funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha.. yeah that's the taj. how good

docidiot
09-29-2003, 07:02 PM
i think i was in this game. were the drunk guys two 20-something j.a.'s that thought they knew what was going on? like 1 am or later on sat night, taj 2-4?