PDA

View Full Version : Bonds for MVP?

David Steele
09-29-2003, 11:34 AM
led the National League in walks with 148, slugging percentage (.749) and on-base percentage (.529) and home-run ratio (8.6) His slugging percentage is at another level compared to anyone else.

It seems like his reduced at bats should be considered, and the fact that he was so critical to SF success.

Clarkmeister
09-29-2003, 11:39 AM
Bonds is easily MVP. The sad thing is this will be his 6th, but it should be his 8th. His relationship with the media cost him two against Pendelton and Kent.

adios
09-29-2003, 11:56 AM

andyfox
09-29-2003, 12:59 PM
In those days, not too many people knew from OPS. The sabremeticians have had their impact.

Bonds is clearly the best player. St. Louis's collapse may hurt Pujols, but I'm still not certain he won't win the award. I think one could also make a case for Sheffield (undoubtedly loved by the media) and Javy Lopez as well.

How about the A.L.? I'd probably vote for Manny Ramirez, but I have no idea who will win. I thought Delgado was a shoe-in at the all-star break.

DanS
09-29-2003, 06:24 PM
You think the media doesn't like Bonds? There were two years that Ted Williams *won the friggin' Triple Crown* and didn't win the MVP.

And you're right, Bonds is the NL MVP by a landslide. It should be unanimous, based on what a catalyst he was every time he played.

Dan