PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

pokerdude1
09-28-2003, 11:25 PM

Stew
09-28-2003, 11:39 PM
My friend, LOL.

Why is it that you people insist on creating new names and posting here?

Has "your friend" learned how to spell yet?

Geeze

Foldarama_City
09-28-2003, 11:44 PM
Really, it would be good if no one else replied to this post. Otherwise, it will just keep getting bumped to the top and good old Mr Advantage will only get more publicity.

So, as much as we'd all love to flame -let's just let it fade away into obscurity.

jek187
09-28-2003, 11:45 PM
Stew, I think we're all best served by never responding to PA. It's the only way we'll ever get rid of him.

chesspain
09-29-2003, 12:04 AM

pokerdude1
09-29-2003, 12:06 AM

chesspain
09-29-2003, 12:06 AM

hehateme
09-29-2003, 12:12 AM
Your friend should be embarrassed. Honestly Josh, it costs like 5$/month to buy webspace. Why do you use tripod with all those hideous ads they make you put up? Also the spelling is atrocious. You might not think it's important but how are people suppose to take you seriously? Where is this new content? What have you added? There is nothing of value here, but I admire your persistence in pimping it to the 2+2 poker snobs.

pokerdude1
09-29-2003, 12:20 AM

hehateme
09-29-2003, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he will be chaning hosts in the near future. As for spelling errors, I found none. He just recently added a site reviews section. It was under construction at one point.

The site is great IMO. And offers far more in bonuses, and free money then any other site.

http://pokeradvantage.tripod.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you honestly expect me to believe I'm not talking to Josh?

Site is great? It only links to one major room. It offers no extra deposit bonuses. It is hideous looking. It is far from great.

Also, the "tips" section doesn't offer one tip. "Online poker has some disadvantages" is not a tip Josh.

pokerdude1
09-29-2003, 12:26 AM

hehateme
09-29-2003, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your input online champ. Sorry that the only people who come and visit your site are those who insult you

And do not tell me you are not him, unless you just broke into his house and used his computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you say so chief.

crockpot
09-29-2003, 01:00 AM
is there anyone who has visited both my site reviews page and PA's new one and does not think this is blatant theft of my ideas?

hehateme
09-29-2003, 01:25 AM
I don't know, but nice spam in your signature.

Perhaps you should call your attorneys as Josh is so fond of threatening people to do the same when his "site" is "slandered".

pokerdude1
09-29-2003, 01:29 AM

crockpot
09-29-2003, 01:34 AM
i find a lot of things funny with this:

first of all, you still think that people actually believe you aren't Josh. do you think that because you're promoting your "friend's site" instead of your own, you're immune to the rule about self-promotion, or what? you must have zero respect for mat's intelligence.

second, my site was never shut down by your "friend", and you will find that it is running smoothly right now. go ahead and fire off some e-mails to the university, i'm sure they won't be ignored.

third, you consider my site garbage? well, you may have a point there. nowhere on my site do i explicitly point out that online poker is different from regular poker, and offer people five tips that are supposed to make them into world champions who want to give me money.

fourth, if you're going to steal someone else's idea, at least change the wording. failure to do so demonstrates some real laziness on the part of the webmaster.

hehateme
09-29-2003, 01:35 AM
Unintelligent moron spammer vs. Semi-intelligent hypocrite spammer....

this should be interesting.

Mason Malmuth
09-29-2003, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All have forms of pop ups or affiliate ads.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have no pop ups or affiliate ads.

MM

pokerdude1
09-29-2003, 02:37 AM

Cyndie
09-29-2003, 02:45 AM
They are prepaid advertising. They are not linked to sales, like affiliate programs are. When a large, successful site realizes that many affiliate programs are not dependable, they get deals from sites to pay them just for the space, and the link.

Some would say that it keeps the site from playing favorites with the advertisers, but that never seemed logical to me. If a site caved into demands from advertisers that went against principle, the visitors would notice.

However, paid advertisement spaces also stop the site from generating money from the income derived from play...so they are somewhat limited as well.

Simon Diamond
09-29-2003, 10:56 AM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-1/91693/why-me!!!.gif

God isn't life so unfair Josh? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Simon

Mason Malmuth
09-29-2003, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They are not linked to sales, like affiliate programs are. When a large, successful site realizes that many affiliate programs are not dependable, they get deals from sites to pay them just for the space, and the link.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't make this implication about us. We never accepted affiliate ads.

MM