PDA

View Full Version : Two Pair vs. Three Kind on Floip

MushashiAce
09-28-2003, 07:52 PM
So I'm playing in an online tournament with 3500 people in it and I manage to get past 600 people left point with a fair amount of money. However, an hour passes and I find myself shortstacked with only 4200 left (average pot by this time is 12000). I'm in late position just ahead of the small blind and I'm dealt -As 8s-. Checks go around the table (Four stay in) and the flop is -8d Qs Qc- First person bets 1500 into me (his stack is 12000) and second person folds. I know he's semi-bluffing with high cards, cause by this time everyone's playing tight. So I decide to go all in, figuring I've got my pair with high kicker and Big Blind probably can't match it at this point (though Big Blind has 36000). Lo' and behold he re-raises that bet to put the orignal bettor all in... goes down to river and Big Blind got the Queen... My question is, was I wrong to go all in, knowing the original bettor was semi-bluffing, with just two pair? I would normally refrain from this in a tournament, but I was against the wall with 600 already in pre-flop, and my assumption about where everyone stood was correct (except for Big blind of course). Is this a safe bet to make in tournament play? I'll thank all before the reply, thanks....

Bozeman
09-28-2003, 08:22 PM
At this point (chip wise), you shouldn't be playing any unraised pots. Otherwise, not so bad.

Craig