PDA

View Full Version : Card down at showdown

MRBAA
09-28-2003, 11:09 AM
Playing 4-8 he, I have top two and call in a fairly large pot on the river against a player I'm pretty sure has rivered a flush. He's a new player, very pleasant guy, intelligent but too loose passive. He does have the nut flush, and after my call is so eager to show it that in turning his cards up one lands on the floor. I was sitting right next to him and clearly saw the card, saw him reach down and pick it up. So there was no doubt he had the flush and it was also clearly an accident. I just mucked and didn't contest the pot, which under the circumstances I think was the right thing to do. But what if I'd been sitting onthe other side of the table and hadn't been able to see everything? In that case, I would definitely not be happy, especially if the player were a more angle shooting type. Do you think a card down could kill than hand if I complained in these circumstances?

DanS
09-28-2003, 02:18 PM
You'd be in the right (technically) to petition to have the hand killed. But given the set of circumstances you've described, I think *you'd* be the angle shooter if you used it here. Well done, that's a classy move just mucking and moving on to the next hand.

Dan

Ray Zee
09-28-2003, 03:54 PM
its never wrong if you have doubts to ask for a floor decision. you are playing for money remember. then the floor person has taken all the responsibility.