PDA

View Full Version : For the Vegas folk

M2d
09-28-2003, 04:16 AM
when/where is the wednesday night discussion group, and how can an out of town visitor wrangle an invite? I'm coming in to town next wednesday, late afternoon, and would love to be a fly on the wall at your meeting.

Dynasty
09-28-2003, 04:33 AM
Send a private message to Howard Burroughs or Pokerbabe. They can always give you precise information such as where the meeting will take place.

Howard Burroughs
09-28-2003, 09:48 AM
M2d,

Well it was great seeing 2+2ers Dynasty, Rick Kiray, Serling, Wombat 6, Vince Lepore, Poker Babe, Barry T, Al Schoonmaker and more at the Mason Malmuth Q&A this past Wednesday.
Of course Mason was in great form. Thanks Mason for swinging by and answering so many questions.

We meet at 2:00 pm. Eat lunch at two. Then at 3:00 we talk poker (hands played, tournament talk, live game talk, card room procedures/rulings, etc.). We usually go to about 4:30 or 5:00 (though we once went to about 7:30 on Nolan Dalla's first visit. Many great Stu Ungar stories fell like rain on that wondrous day.)

This week (Oct. 1st) we are at the New China Buffet. It's on Flamingo just east of Maryland on the north side of the road. The reason we did not put the location of last week's meeting in the four 2+2 posts (on the Hold'em, Stud, Psychology & News Views & Gossip forums) welcoming all 2+2ers to the Mason Malmuth Q&A; was we needed to give the host site a reasonably accurate count of attendees (with a superstar like MM you never know how many will show up).

Anyway, it sounds like you may be getting in too late to make the meeting but if you have the time, we would love to meet you (and any other 2+2ers out there)!

The buffet this week should be under $10 (unlike the $20 sandwiches from last week that Dynasty & Cassie loved so much).

Have a great time in Vegas M2d. Hope you can make the meeting.

Best of Luck

Howard

PokerBabe(aka)
09-28-2003, 10:08 AM
Hi - I will pick you up if you need a ride. Just call or PM me. See you then,

Babe /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Tommy Angelo
09-28-2003, 10:37 AM
"Hi - I will pick you up if you need a ride. Just call or PM me. See you then,"

Uh oh. This is bad news for all the Babe's best boys. I've played poker with M2D a bunch of times, and I'm afraid that when he meets the Babe, all the rest of us will get bumped down a notch.

Tommy

PokerBabe(aka)
09-29-2003, 09:29 PM
Yes, Tommy, your spot as a favorite boy could be in jeapordy. M2d does LGPG. But....does he play golf? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Miss you a bunch. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

TobDog
09-30-2003, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
M2d does LGPG. But....does he play golf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh... Is that a requirement for teh Babe???

M2d
09-30-2003, 02:56 AM
teeing it up tomorrow, as a matter of fact.
btw, I'm coming in too late for the meeting, but would be honored if you guys would take my money and then praise my game just like tommy does. I'll be at the bellagio or mirage on thursday.

Barry
09-30-2003, 06:02 AM
I think so.

I didn't get a hug from the babe until we made plans to play golf this coming Wed.

I know she can beat me at poker, but I might have a shot against her on the course.

PokerBabe(aka)
09-30-2003, 10:46 AM
Hi M2d. I will gladly take your money on Thursday at the Mirage. Guess we will have to play golf sometime. Perhaps I can organize a "Babe's Best Boys Golf Tournament" for WSOP time. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

LGPG,
Babe /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Dynasty
09-30-2003, 03:50 PM
Can we play miniature golf?

TobDog
09-30-2003, 08:28 PM
I couldn't believe what they charge to play golf in LV, I called Royal Links to see what the PGA rate was $75? I thought that was kind of high until I learned the regular rate is $225. I thought when I got in this business that playing was a bonus, I guess there are too many guys playing for free now. How often do you guys play and where(in LV) were playing at Legacy on Monday.

tobdog

PokerBabe(aka)
10-01-2003, 09:28 AM
YUP, it ain't cheap to play in Vegas. This is why you need lots of chips /images/graemlins/grin.gif The least expensive place to play is the muni course, which costs 25 bucks to walk. There are different "membership" options for golfers here, and the typical rate is around 45 bucks. Let me know the next time you are in town and you can tag along with the Babe for the "discount" rate.

LGPG and GG. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

TobDog
10-01-2003, 10:12 AM
Actually, I'm gonna be there Sun, Mon, Tue, I am used to playing for FREE(I'm a golf Professional) Were plying on Monday, if I get to play some cards, maybe I'll see you guys there.

Tobdog