PDA

View Full Version : fishing trip report PICS!

Boris
09-28-2003, 03:00 AM
web page (http://www.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=8796867/PictureID=175136104/t_=2537368)

Hey there Ed and Zee and M2D. hit the middle fork of the feather last week. herez the pictures. sorry no fish pictures. its too hard to click and release the fish at the same time. the dogs are mine. we caught lots of fish. good thing too because the hike will kill a normal man.

M2d
09-28-2003, 04:10 AM
Hey Boris,
nice to see you getting out there. Any kings coming up the feather yet?

Boris
09-28-2003, 03:39 PM
no idea about kings in the main fork of the feather. I'm thinking about hitting the American for some small mouth bass next weekend though.

Ray Zee
09-28-2003, 04:03 PM
to see your pictures you have to create a snapfish account. better check it out. -------- but fishing pictures without a fish seems very suspect to me. so i must presume you got lost again and didnt catch a thing.

M2d
09-28-2003, 05:30 PM
man, I'm in vegas next weekend. N Fork and Putah should be heating up soon. Check out Putah for some monster holdover trout in accessible places, and they drop water flows.

Boris
09-28-2003, 11:52 PM
you're right about me getting lost. but I had a buddy with me and fortunately he was able to find the trailhead. so we did in fact go fishing. come to think of it I havn't seen any evidence your supposed fishing exploits. but I know you would never lie about the size of the fish you catch or the size of your pe... oh never mind. Those bar maidens you find at 1:30am in the Palace will beleive anything.

Boris
09-28-2003, 11:53 PM
thanx for the tip. I might go check it out so I can make up some more whoppers for you guys. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

M2d
09-29-2003, 12:17 AM
Try just above the third parking area (park on the side of the road so you don't have to pay). there's big boulders and pocket water just above the lot ("little hat creek" area), a long, deep section above that, more pocket water above that and another deep pool above that. The first stretch of pocket water is a good bow area with smaller wild ones often caught there. the deep run above that holds browns (some really good sized ones), and the pocket water above that holds bows again. It also sees browns caught that come up from the slow section to feed.
Try finding a place to cross and fish the other side. more casting room and interesting water.