PDA

View Full Version : PLO/8 hand, betting the nuts.

Acesover8s
09-28-2003, 01:10 AM
The key to PLO/8 is the betting, perhaps more than any other game. So, here's a hand I misplayed, and I'd like to see how others would play it.

.25-.50 blind game.

I limp behind 4 others on the button ($45) with a257 rainbow.

Flop comes 775. Its checked to me, I bet the pot and pick up two callers. The turn is a Q. How much do you bet?

crockpot
09-28-2003, 02:06 AM
i see no reason to bet less than the pot here. if my opponents are competent, i put them on either 55, a 7, or A2. unless one of them has Q7 or QQ somehow, the pot is the best size bet for any of those enemy holdings.

against rookie opponents, i'm still willing to take the chance that my bet will lose one of them who was on a flush or straight draw. and if someone was drawing to a big pair, i definitely don't want to give them a free card to hit.

the only hands they can have where it is really correct to check are holdings like A3xx, QQxx or Q7xx. i think these are remote enough that i pot that hand every time.

Graham
09-29-2003, 11:23 AM
You'd have a hard time getting me to be scared of QQ or Q7 with 2 opps.
I'd want to be making a bet here that's going to be called by at least somebody, your hand is so good, with a boat and nut lo draw. I want more than's in the pot already.

How much do you think one of them might call..? The fact you got called twice on the flop tells me you'd better pot it again and hope they both don't fold.

G