PDA

View Full Version : It's official...

jasonHoldEm
09-27-2003, 01:33 PM
...I /images/graemlins/heart.gif 1/2 at Party.

Ok, maybe this has just been a good rush, but I just wanted to throw this out there. I dropped down and played about 10 hours of 1/2 while clearing my IGMPAY bonuses at Empire and Party. It was fun.

In reality, I think dropping down a limit has showed me some things I need to improve in my current "regular" game. Namely, I don't think I'm being as aggressive as I should be. Granted, I probably won't be able to run over the players at 2/4 and 3/6 like I can at 1/2, but my aggression level has been much higher when playing at 1/2 and it has been very successful. (I'm not being "stupid aggressive" just more aggressive than I normally am...basically I'm picking good spots and then following through). Yes, it's backfired a few times...but in the end I've made a lot more money by being more aggressive than I've lost.

So if you're thinking of moving up in limits (I'm currently on the bubble between 2/4 and 3/6) you might want to consider dropping down a level and see if it doesn't improve your game...if nothing else, beating up on the fish is a great confidence boost, and that alone might get you over the hump to your next limit.

On a side note...even without the bonus money, this week is on pace to be my best week ever. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Woo-Hoo,
jHE

Brian
09-27-2003, 03:23 PM
Hey Jason,

I was in a major slump a couple of days ago, having barely broken even after around 30 hours of play. I decided to go back to 1/2 for a while, and I must say that I also /images/graemlins/heart.gif the Party 1/2. It's definitely one of the easiest games around and good to try things out on.

I remember about a month and a half ago when I first stepped into the 1/2 game, I wanted to go back "home" to .5/1 because I didn't think I could handle the game hehe. I wonder if in a few months I'll be "going back" to 3/6 to try out something /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Brian