PDA

View Full Version : one of those days

rusty JEDI
09-27-2003, 12:06 AM
I know we all run into some bad runs and im in one of those days that nothing goes right and you just hope it doesnt turn into weeks or months.

But do any of you after long enough in some twisted way enjoy seeing how many hands in a row you can go without winning?

Any words of encouragement would be appreciated.

jasonHoldEm
09-27-2003, 12:10 AM
Well Rusty we've certainly all been there. I could say you should be happy because they're drawing out on you with such crap and you're going to win in the long run, but of course you know that. I was there earlier this week...dropped about 40 BB's in one night on suckout after suckout, by the end of the night I too found my bad luck to be pretty comical.

Keep a smile on your face, don't go on tilt, and know that you're playing the right way.

On a side note, i was going to make a big fancy post for my 700th post, but instead decided to give you some encouragement. I hope that cheers you up too.

Peace,

jason "the old hand" holdem

tiltboy
09-27-2003, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But do any of you after long enough in some twisted way enjoy seeing how many hands in a row you can go without winning?

[/ QUOTE ]

When those streaks happen to me I do what I'm doing right now - take a break, read 2+2, and scan pokertracker. To answer your question, no I am perverse in many ways but that isn't one of them.

lorinda
09-27-2003, 12:19 AM
I don't use pokertracker, but I guarantee in the space of 100 hands yesterday i lost the following matchups in nl

QQ-AA
QQ-AA
KK-AA
QQ-AA
QQ-JT
QQ-Q9
QQ-A8

and yes, in a weird sort of way it became amusing.

Lori

tiltboy
09-27-2003, 12:24 AM
That is funny because yesterday I sat at the same $3/6 table as Inthacup for the first time. After a couple of rotations I'm finally dealt QQ on my big blind. Only Mr. cup open raises UTG and is reraised by UTG+1, I smooth call and cup caps. Yoinks.

To cut to the chase, I now know what it feels like to see QQ go down to AA held by a forum legend.