PDA

View Full Version : Luxor chip question

stantheman
09-26-2003, 02:33 PM
When I sat down at the 2-4 table at Luxor the other day, the dealer told me I had to remove my chips from the chip rack because they had a jackpot. No big deal, but I am unsure of the connection between chip racks on the table and the bad beat jackpot. Anyone know?

Dynasty
09-26-2003, 03:06 PM
I'm sure the dealer is wrong. There is no connection. Chips are required to be taken out of the rack to speed up the game. Players take longer when betting from chips in a rack then those already out of the rack.

ohkanada
09-26-2003, 04:57 PM
Most or all places I have played with a jackpot has a similar rule. No racks allowed on the felt. I think the reason is because a card could be hidden underneath and switched. Last week when I was at the Orleans in Vegas, they wouldn't even let me rack up and have the rack on the edge of the table while I was still playing a few hands.

Ken Poklitar

namaste
09-28-2003, 10:50 PM
It could be an urban myth but I've had a dealer at the Sahara tell me that they've had to nullify a jackpot because they found a card stuck under the rack.

Dynasty
09-29-2003, 04:05 AM
When jackpots are hit, one of the first thing the dealer does is count down the deck. If they can't account for all 52 cards, the jackpot will not be paid. If somehow a card got stuck onderneath a rack or the rail by accident, it would definitely nullify any jackpot.