PDA

View Full Version : My First and Perhaps Last

JimRivett
09-26-2003, 02:12 PM
Post on this forum.

I had never visited this forum until Andy Fox suggested that I take a look. Well it seems to me that the posters here are very passoniate and very opinionated about their views. Now that's OK, it's just not for me, I'm more of an easy going, get along go along, type of guy.

Anyway, I saw the following in the latest Reader's Digest and I thought I'd pass it along to you all.

In Israel to cover the fighting, a young reporter decided to look for a human-interest story. In Jerusalem, she heard about an old man who's been going to the Wailing Wall to pray, twice a day, every day, for a long, long time.

So she went to the Wailing Wall and there he was!

"Sir", she asked, "how long have you been coming to the Wailing Wall and praying?"

"For 50 years"

"What do you pray for?"

"For peace between the Jews and the Arabs. For our children to grow up in safety and friendship."

"How do you feel after 50 years?"

"Like I'm talking to a wall."

Hope you all enjoyed it.

Regards, Jim

andyfox
09-26-2003, 03:00 PM

Rushmore
09-26-2003, 04:48 PM
There's nothing wrong with having an opinion. It's just that some people don't know what to do with their opinions.

You should post with aplomb. Post away! Have no fear of some extremist who doesn't understand objectivity.

But steer clear of me, because I will destroy you if I do not agree with what you have to say.

Welcome!

Dr Wogga
09-27-2003, 01:01 AM
..."I will destroy you if I do not agree with what you say"???? Say what. I'll take you on anytime, anywhere. Don't try to bully me you airhead. Your opinions are no more valid than Brad's - but at least he posts interesting phone sex. You better stay clear of ME, the Good Dr, the no nonsense-no bull crap Doctor of all that is sacred and fair. Try bullying me, you anally-retentive putz!

Rushmore
09-27-2003, 10:37 AM
You listen up real good, monkey boy.

You wanna step outside? I'll show you whose opinions are most valid and whose perspective is the right perspective.

Give a guy an "advanced degree" and he thinks he can take on a giant like me.

Let's get one thing real clear real fast: I will crush you like a bug--a tiny, insignificant bug. You will crackle and squirt beneath my great and good and righteous foot of Truth.