PDA

View Full Version : Thiis is why I'm on Party........

bigfishead
09-26-2003, 07:00 AM
10-20 game today....800 hands.....no less then 6 players
saw between 38-64% flops of all hands they were dealt. Cold calling, 3 betting w/85 in SB, calling 4 bets cold with A5o,
37o, etc etc.

lol...I got 5 sets CAAAARRAAACKED. And every one went 4 bets on flop with them drawing and raiseing to never better then 8 outs. LOL...got stuck 50BB's seeing less then 20% flops. Winning 6% of hands for the day. ended with 12 BB stuckage. And only 1 of these live ones lost money!!!

Jeez they ran up n down 30-40 BB per hour but they kept winning. So I ran very very bad today. But I know I only played roughly 6 hands bad/poorly. I was able to identify and read what cards the better players had most every time. This saved bets and made bets. But man the live ones crushed me.

But hey they are why I am playing on Party Poker baby!

RydenStoompala
09-26-2003, 07:48 AM
Different site, same stakes. Trip Q's cracked twice in a row, so when I had trip 8's on the flop with two weak-ass callers I figured i may have a chance. No such luck. All three hands rolled at the end, the winner taking it with a j high flush, rags underneath that hit runner-runner, and the other, not having raised a single time, honest-to-god rolled over 2-7 off suit. I had to sit out three deals to catch my breath. I stayed, played it so tight I couldn't break wind, and finished low 2 BB's. I felt like I'd just beat Helmuth heads up at Belagio. I love this game.

DocHollyday
09-26-2003, 08:43 AM
hey fishhead,

Welcome to the club. I was in the same situation on Monday. Sent down 50BB to the crap-players. One capped betting in my overpair heads up with the low pair. I had 9/9 he had J3 offsuit, with one 3 on the board. Surely he has to river another 3. Then I also got a couple of trips cracked, by guys calling my preflop two bet with J9 offsuit, and play it all down to the river to hit a gutshot (gutshot was obvious only after the turn). Sometimes it sucks, but don't lose your hope. Cards turn, and tight play pays out. And just to tell luck also strikes good players (I don't knwo if I can count myself one).

For example I was playing 10/20 online again yesterday and hit my hand of the year, when I got dealt 9/9 in the SB. I limp in, when the BB raises. MP calls and I also call.

Flop is 3 10 9 rainbow. I check, the BB bets, MP calls I raise. Now BB reraises, MP calls and I call. Turn, I hit the case 9 for quads. I bet out, BB raises, MP calls, I three bet, BB caps, MP calls. River is an Ace. I bet, BB raises, MP folds, I threebet and BB caps. He shows a full tens and nines against my quads. I take a pot of 547$. I was dancing man. So just an example that not only crap players get lucky. We are lucky that people like this play.

But I know the frustation also. I dont mind losing against a good starting hand. It's just annoying losing with your premiums against [censored].

So long kid, goodluck with your cards. Keep your style it will pay out!

Bokonon
09-26-2003, 11:11 AM
I feel your pain, man, I feel your pain /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Yesterday I was at table after table filled with fish, and on two of them they just kept on scooping my money with sterling hands like 42o.

I can appreciate losing money at a table where the players are better than me. Or where we seem to be about the same (bcs for all I know, they ARE better than me). But losing money at a table filled with what I KNOW are ATMs . . . oh, the humanity . . .

Ah, well. I caught a "lucky" streak (flopped two pair a couple times and had bluffer-fish bet hard against me to the river) and made back most of my losses, ended up "only" 30BB down) so I'm a little less disgruntled than . . . well, than I was when I was 80BB down for the day /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I know they'll end up paying it back to me down the road.

At least, that's what I'm going to keep telling myself!