PDA

View Full Version : Internet poker analysis software

02-09-2002, 05:30 PM
OK, what's the word on this stuff? Is there any decent software that does more than just holdem? What about more than just paradise?

Also what about auto requisition software. There are apparently several types out there. I want one (or several) that can get hand histories from various sites and put them all in folders that i can specify.

Any input would be appreciated.

02-11-2002, 08:33 PM
Mr. Peterson, I only have Pokerstat for Omaha/8 so I'll limit my comments to that. It is great. I have the professional version and it is a great way to analyze your own play as well as the play of others. You can look at a single player or a table of player and you can easily read in a recently played hand so that you can get something close to a realtime read on a table you are currently on. It reads in either text file hand histories or if you have a POP3 email client (I recommend getting one like yahoo if you don't) it can read in hands directly from your email program--very handy. It has multiple filtering capabiliites to see subsets of yours or others hands including but not limited to starting hands, time, date, position, number of players, and big blind amount. Unfortunately pokerstat only works on Paradise. There is a demo version available.

As to hand reguisition software I use autoreq which also only works with paradise. The maker of pokerstat also has similar software but he (Tony Hwang) actually recommends autoreq and puts a link to it on the pokerstat site, (www.thsoftware.com or www.pokerstat.com (http://www.pokerstat.com)).

HTH.