PDA

View Full Version : Borgata facade

ACPlayer
09-25-2003, 01:13 AM
I was in Atlantic City for a couple of days this week after about 2 months and saw that the Borgaata facade had what appeared to be a few more of the window panels missing or at least of a different color.

Back in July there was some loose talk about the Marina district sinking and that this may be causing the windows to pop out.

Anybody have the inside scoop?

Nottom
09-25-2003, 01:18 PM
There was that pesky hurricane that hit a couple weeks ago, it wouldn't surprise me if it knocked out a couple windows. I'm sure there were some nice wind gusts even as far up the coast as AC.

ACPlayer
09-25-2003, 01:26 PM
Back in July they had 4 "holes" in the facade. Yesterday they had 7 or 8. The 4 from July were still there (as far as I could tell). I will be back there only in Feb or Mar of next year, will be looking to see what it looks like then.

I do know that Harrahs has had a problem with sinking land under their building. Wonder if the Borgata's structure is taking a similar beating, just much faster.

Maybe it was the winds.

Anadrol 50
09-25-2003, 07:48 PM
Your name is ACPlayer and you won't be back there till Feb or March....

ACPlayer
09-26-2003, 01:27 AM
Ironic eh.

Well, I dont really live in AC. But Iplayed there a lot this spring/summer.

I divide my time between Boston and New York City.

I have extensive overseas travel plans this winter after the FW tournament is over.

Now you know more about me......;.