PDA

View Full Version : JF's Book

01-31-2002, 12:20 AM
Below is a post criticizing Inside the Poker Mind. There isn't any specific criticism of the contents or ideas of the book, just a general insult. Therefore, there isn't any point of contention to discuss.

I think that anyone who reads a book hoping to find the absolute method to make them a winning player is dreaming. There just aren't any books that can convey so much knowledge. You will be lucky if you can get to that point after reading many, many books.

I recently read this book, and true, there isn't anything earthshaking in regards to the paragraph above. But it is a very good book, especially for lower and mid-limit players who are trying to move up. It gives a lot of insight into the thinking of your opponents, and into your own thinking as well.

I found the essays about playing with a maniac to be very helpful. Like many players, I usually play too loose against these types, and Feeney points out why this is an error. This alone has already improved my results against certain opponents.

I recommend this book to anyone who wants to go beyond basic strategy and hand selection. It is well worth the $25 price tag.

02-01-2002, 05:08 PM
It is well worth the $25 price tag... and would still be a bargain at $2500!

Agreed. Couldn't have said it better myself. /images/smile.gif

02-01-2002, 09:09 PM
Of course, a psychologist would know that that's what I meant to say.

02-04-2002, 11:42 PM
let's celebrate with a tofu burger..gl