PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean when a tournament is $30 + $3?

SamJack
09-24-2003, 09:37 AM
Hey guys, a newbie here. I've been playing ring games only and was interested in participating in some tournament play.

Tournaments are described often as $30 + $3 or $100 + $10, etc. What does that mean? I assume the first amount is the buy-in amount what is the second?

Thanks

SamJack

Inthacup
09-24-2003, 09:39 AM
That's the amount the house takes from each person at the table for hosting the tournament. You'll pay a total of $33.

lorinda
09-24-2003, 09:54 AM
To a newbie 10% sometimes seems steep, but if you consider the ammount you would pay in rake in the same time in the ring, it works out as a fair deal.

Lori

ChipWrecked
09-25-2003, 07:59 PM
Please do some study (if you're new to tourney play) or practice on the free SNG's at pokerpages before you start throwing down those entry fees.

I've done both and still have enough fourth place finishes to drive me mad. I must be more of a ring game player /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Inthacup
09-25-2003, 08:15 PM
Chip, I'd be willing to wager that Lori has played 50x the number of SnG's as you have.

Also, in regards to your sig, I almost registered at Intertops as Mr. Sparkle, but I went with BonusWhore. BonusWhore makes every live chat and email that much more fun. Nice sig.

Simon Diamond
09-25-2003, 08:46 PM
Chip, I'd be willing to wager that Lori has played 50x the number of SnG's as you have.

[pedantic hat/on]

I am willing to wager chip rack was speaking to the original poster and not Lori with regard to sit and go's - it seemed like an absurd comment to make to the Queen of the Zoo.

[pedantic hat/off]

Apologies /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Simon

Inthacup
09-25-2003, 08:57 PM
lol. I know I know. I'm just giving him a hard time.

William
09-25-2003, 09:04 PM
in your case i would say it means you better try the 5$ + 0.50$ tournaments first.

ChipWrecked
09-28-2003, 01:59 PM
It does say I replied to Lori, doesn't it. That gif just has a magnetic effect.....

(Took me a while to see this 'cause I've been spending my time with the most beautiful newborn in the world {watch out Annie and Jen, she's damn smart, I can tell}[I will teach her to leave her shoes on at the table!])