PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods Stud

whatsgoingon
09-24-2003, 01:49 AM
Hmm last time I went to the woods I sat down to play 1-5 and there is an ante this I knew before I sat down but when I tried I was confused and dazed..we are planning another trip to the woods in November...I was wondering how to play with a ante in 1-5 cause I usually play in AC w/o an ante also I played some 5-10 in my life and I handled the ante there fine I guess I was getting grinded by the ante...The game was very aggeressive and raising for the ante steal was not really a possible cause you were bound to get 3-5 callers each time..so what is the correct way to play in the situtation.

later,
whatsgoingon

Kurn, son of Mogh
09-24-2003, 08:39 AM
If you're more comfortable with no ante stud, play the 1-3 at Foxwoods. In a 1-5 game with a $.50 ante, you start with $4 in the pot, plus the $1 bring-in, you should loosen up your starting hand requirements from what works in the no ante game.

whatsgoingon
09-24-2003, 02:17 PM
I am comfortable with both games I am just wondering if it is possible to win w/o luck in game where stealling the ante is not possible and you need the best hand to win cause its very aggressive which in some cases actually makes it correct to drawl for st8's and flush's

later,
whatsgoingon