PDA

View Full Version : Autoposting Blind Suggestion for cardrooms: serious post

Fraubump
09-24-2003, 01:07 AM
I think pretty everyone except a few wrong-thinking people would appreciate this change to software:

Have autoposting the blinds be the only option (i.e., no option) and instead have a button that says "sit me out when the blinds next reach me". Any reason this shouldn't exist? This would speed things up a lot.

jasonHoldEm
09-24-2003, 01:25 AM
In a perfect world, this would be a great idea.

Unfortunately the site would have to deal with people who were in MP (and planning to hit that "sit me out" button on the next hand) are suddenly posting in the BB when the three people to their right have all left the table.

I'm all about speeding up the game, but I don't think this will work. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Sometimes if someone consistently does it I'll ask them if they know about the auto-post blinds check box...you'd be surprised how many don't realize it's there, and if you ask nicely most people don't get offended.

jHE

mongeron
09-24-2003, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have autoposting the blinds be the only option (i.e., no option) and instead have a button that says "sit me out when the blinds next reach me". Any reason this shouldn't exist? This would speed things up a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually this is the way it is done at 24hpoker. The blinds are posted automatically, and there are two checkboxes: No more blinds and Sit out.

When you check "No more blinds", you will be automatically sat out when the blinds reach you. Sit out makes it instantly.

- mongeron

Cyndie
09-24-2003, 03:03 AM
Wrong thinking people, and people with connection problems.