PDA

View Full Version : bankroll regulation

chucklhead
09-24-2003, 12:46 AM
For various reasons, I cannot put my own money into on-line poker. However, I won a freerole at Planet Poker. I have been playing $.02-$.04 and $.05-$.1 Holdem and have built my bank role to $55+ . Assuming I cannot put any more money into my bankroll, what would be your suggestion for trying to move up? How big does my bankroll have to be to move to $.25-$.5? and then $.5-$1?

Thank you,
Chucklhead

William
09-24-2003, 12:50 AM
you need a bankroll equal to 300 times the Big blind. 150$ for .25/.50 and 300$ for .50/1.00
Hope it helps

jek187
09-24-2003, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you need a bankroll equal to 300 times the Big blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

The accepted BR requirement is 300 Big Bets.

William
09-24-2003, 01:02 AM
That's what i meant, of course. Sorry

lorinda
09-24-2003, 01:04 AM
William is right on the money.

You might be able to risk the following strategy if you are willing to take a chance on a great kickstart (if you think you can cash in another freeroll one day)

Open a Neteller account, put your money in there and get InthaCup to kick back the $50 on party tell a friend.

You will get a % on your money and $50 but will have to play their .5/1 games and last long enough to get the 50 bux.

It is overly agressive, but if it were to come off you would be able to cash that out and have enough to get buyin bonuses of $20 on other sites... etc etc.

Lori

chucklhead
09-24-2003, 02:24 AM
Thanks all,
Hopefully I will see you someday at the real tables.

Horrible Player
09-24-2003, 08:42 AM
play penny NL

yocalif
09-24-2003, 12:44 PM
The 300 x BB is excellent recommendation.

In addition I would do the following.
If you have $50 or more withdraw the money from Planet.
Use Firepay, you can create an account, and transfer the money, and you won't need to do the bank verification. Ignore the bank verification. (I think this is still possible, I had an unverified account up until recently when I needed some money fast and couldn't wait on a check from the card room.

Now contact Ultimate Bet, ask for the recent 50% bonus. If you ask nice they may still give it too you. I have done this and UB, Party, and Paradise have all extended recent expired bonuses.
Ok assuming you are now playing at UB, (UB is your best bet for a small bankroll, they have .01-.02 NL and limit games), now start playing the .01-.02 NL games. Also UB has $1, $3 tourneys in the wee hours of the morning.

If you are a decent player, you should be able to build up a bankroll of several thousand, in a couple of months of steady daily play of 4 to 8 hours. Use the 300 big bet rule when you decide to move up to the next Limit in Limit poker, you can of course try to parlay a nice win on a given day at the next higher limit, but for extended play at a given limit you need the 300 x BB rule, move down a limit when you lose 25% of your Bank, and rebuild again to the 300. For NL use a minimum of 4 x max buy-in to take a shot at next higher NL game (if you lose your buy-in your done, go back to the lower NL game. For extended play at NL level, I prefer a minimum of 10 x max-buyin. I can absorb 3 or 4 all-in loses, and usually recover, or move down a limit.

The key here is to avoid ruin or going broke. If your intent is to not put any more money into your bankroll, you have to leave yourself room for bad runs. You can have a bad run and lose 75% of your bankroll, but if you are moving down in limits at the right stages, you will eventually recover, and can rebuild. This is why I like UB, the .01-.02NL game is there and unless you are really a bad player, you can always rebuild.

pudley4
09-24-2003, 03:46 PM
Your bankroll requirements are based on your playing ability and the games you are in.

If you are a good player, playing in passive, low-limit online games, you can get away with a bankroll as low as 100 big bets (maybe even less). The worse a player you are, the higher the bankroll you'll need. The more aggressive the game is, the higher the bankroll you'll need.

Also, if you are willing to move back down in limits if you burn through 1/3 or 1/2 your bankroll, you can play higher.

I'd move up to the .10/.20 or .25/.50 limits. Definitely not any higher.