PDA

View Full Version : Posting Blinds

LDJ
09-23-2003, 11:49 PM
I noticed that some players will sit out their turn to post the blinds and then come back in when the SB passes them. There seems to be an advantage in order to return to the game and posting the blinds, but in better position. Is this correct?

crockpot
09-23-2003, 11:51 PM
some sites still only force you to post the BB in this situation. in that case, you gain half a small bet to sit out three hands, two of which are in bad position. this isn't too bad, even though i wouldn't do it.

most sites, however, will just make you post both the BB and SB in this situation. thus, you are gaining nothing financially and have to sit out three hands, including on the button. pretty raw deal.

lorinda
09-24-2003, 12:04 AM
There is an old post to do with winning and losing in each position for a winning player.

Alas I just spent 10 mins on a search and couldn't find it for you so I cannot tell you the figures.

I believe it was about 6 months ago in the general theory forum.

You could go to pokerroom.com and fiddle with their stats per position to see if this would be advantageous.

Lori

Wake up CALL
09-24-2003, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is an old post to do with winning and losing in each position for a winning player.

Alas I just spent 10 mins on a search and couldn't find it for you so I cannot tell you the figures.

I believe it was about 6 months ago in the general theory forum.

You could go to pokerroom.com and fiddle with their stats per position to see if this would be advantageous.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

It appears you just wasted .166666% of T-Shirt time on your search Lorinda. Was it worth it? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

lorinda
09-24-2003, 12:34 AM
It appears you just wasted .166666% of T-Shirt time on your search Lorinda. Was it worth it?

LOL!

Lori