PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker tournament cancellation policy

Wad
09-23-2003, 08:15 PM
With a sick daughter at home this morning I decided to play a quick $30 NL single table tourney. We got down to 3 players and I had the chip lead with 4440, the other 2 players had 1750 and 1210. Level 7 (blinds 200/400) had just completed and the table froze. One of the players claimed he called the toll free number and a floorperson told him we would split the prize pool evenly and the money would be in all our accounts in 3 or 4 hours. I sent an e-mail to Lucy Jones and have yet to hear a reply. I also tried live support this afternoon and had nothing but a frustrating conversation. The result of that was a promise to forward my concern to the "tech team" and it would be resolved within 24 hrs.

So what should I expect or demand out of this? I had a commmanding chip lead when the table froze. At the very least I expect $100 but I really feel I should have more. Is this an unreasonable expectation?

As I write this post, no money has been credited to my account yet.

Any comments, thoughts or similar experiences appreciated.

Wad

HavanaBanana
09-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Once this happened to me, and what they did was to split the remainding prizepool in 2, and split half equally between the reminding players, and split the other half according to chipcount

HavanaBanana
09-23-2003, 08:20 PM
However that was a multi table tourney

lorinda
09-23-2003, 09:11 PM
Alas Wad, this is their policy and has been for some time despite the requests of many here to change it.

You would think that they get enough practise at getting it right too wouldn't you.

Lori