PDA

View Full Version : How would you do?

Benman
09-23-2003, 04:21 PM
What would happen if you adopted a limit holdem policy of always either raising or folding pre-flop, but otherwise played fairly tight. I've seen lots of maniacs who always raise, but they also play too many hands. What I'm wondering is if you played only reasonable hands, but never called, would you do better or worse than "normal" strategy?

Dynasty
09-23-2003, 04:44 PM
You would do worse. This pump it or dump it approach has been discussed many times and the basic flaw is always pointed out. There are many hands in which it is far better to see the flop for one bet against many opponents rather than two bets against fewer opponents.

Ray Zee
09-23-2003, 05:00 PM
they taught a gorilla how to play golf. he hit the ball 400 yards right down the middle. tiger woods was very worried until he saw him hit his putt 100 yards.

Yeknom58
09-23-2003, 06:01 PM

Mike
09-23-2003, 06:32 PM
Many maniacs are deceiving players. What looks like crazy plays to you makes sense from the maniacs veiwpoint. The maniac plays to win more than he loses, which he usually does, until the table temperment changes and he doesn't.

As for 'always', 'always' leaves little room for contrast and depth in your play.

When I first started out I played weak tight and made a profit. Once they figured me out, there were two games going on, the one I was playing, and the one the rest of the table was playing. Care to guess who made the most money then?