PDA

View Full Version : Heads up flush draws?

Nukid
09-23-2003, 03:02 PM
In a .50 ante, 4-8 stud game, an A /images/graemlins/spade.gif completes one to the left of the bring in. Folded to me, one to the right of the bring in with (2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, with one Q, one diamond, and two spades (besides the A) on the board. Is this a good call? I ended up calling and the bring in folded, but I was wondering if it was worth it given the small ante and bring-in.

Ray Zee
09-23-2003, 04:55 PM
depends on what you think he is raising on, based on his previous playing. if the answer is not aces then a reraise is the better play many times, as long as you are capable of running him out at a later stage of the hand.

pianist
09-24-2003, 03:19 AM
You're too good to fold, but not good enough to reraise. The early-position raiser probably has a big pair, possibly two aces. That means you're not likely to be the best hand, the more so because there's also a queen gone. Since you figure to be the underdog heads-up against the other ace, if you raise and knock out the bring-in, you'll be losing money on your raise (the more so if the Ace reraises). So just call. More importantly, you want to try to keep the bring-in around to pay you off if you make the flush. There's potential to win a big pot here if you don't get in too big a hurry to get rid of your opponents.