PDA

View Full Version : Getting Rid of the Shills

PokerDean
09-23-2003, 01:07 PM
If my short time at RGP has taught me anything, it is that meaningful discourse about Poker (in particular, online poker) is impossible with the 9,000 shills running around spewing their propaganda.

Since RGP is unmoderated, there is no hope for a cleanup there, but with 2+2 I see room for hope. I am asking David and Mason to ban each every affiliate shill on 2+2.

I am asking, how can anything they say be taken seriously? They have a serious conflict of interest and as such can never be counted on to give unbiased advice/opinions. Lets make 2+2 Spam and Shill free! Maybe then we can work together to become better poker players and identify the crooked sites, collusion, and numerous other problems that plague online poker.

This will never happen unless we get rid of the shills. Don't give me any nonsense about how some of them are better than the others, they are all the same, a bunch of BS peddlers trying to make a quick buck off the work of others.

Now the shills will swarm like vultures to discredit me, I am prepared to fight them, lets make 2+2 as good as it can be.

PokerDean

miseryshiver
09-23-2003, 01:11 PM
and you have some affilliates like eugeneel cheating other players at party

Stew
09-23-2003, 01:11 PM
Are you clueless? They do delete and ban repeated shills or spammers.

But, thanks for stopping by and joining a much better forum than that POS RGP (not that I don't read it or anything).

Stew
09-23-2003, 01:12 PM
My god Misery, I'm sick and tired of listening to you whine, especially for someone who bilked another poster on this forum out of $100.

You made your point in your own thread, quit hijacking others and get over it.

PokerDean
09-23-2003, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you clueless? They do delete and ban repeated shills or spammers.

But, thanks for stopping by and joining a much better forum than that POS RGP (not that I don't read it or anything).

[/ QUOTE ]

Every other poster here has a signature, check my profile for shilling affiliate deals!! Why are they still here??? They are in the business of spewing propaganda, not in the business of leveled discourse about online poker. They are subversives for the pokerroom industry, many of which are corrupt.

PokerDean
09-23-2003, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My god Misery, I'm sick and tired of listening to you whine, especially for someone who bilked another poster on this forum out of $100.

You made your point in your own thread, quit hijacking others and get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know not about Misery. Play at party long enough though, and you'll know about it! LOL

PokerDean

Stew
09-23-2003, 01:26 PM
That's a sig line, so what. If someone CHOOSES on their own to seek out the information, I have no problem with someone putting it in their sig line and containing that info in their profile. But, posting it as a thread in a forum with some sneaky title tricking people into looking at it is wrong.

Just my opinion of course.

PokerDean
09-23-2003, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's a sig line, so what. If someone CHOOSES on their own to seek out the information, I have no problem with someone putting it in their sig line and containing that info in their profile. But, posting it as a thread in a forum with some sneaky title tricking people into looking at it is wrong.

Just my opinion of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you are missing the big picture. Whether they are guilty of spam or not, they are shills of the online poker industry who's opinion cannot be trusted. Their propaganda isn't always spewed as overtly as a hyperlink to a affiliate url, it can be sneakier as well. They have one purpose on this board, to promote online poker for their own gains. What business do they have on 2+2?

Whether they are spamming or not their opinion is not worth a damn because they have a big conflict of interest, posting on a board thats supposed to be unbiased, but having a financial stake in a certain faction of the subject being posted on!

PokerDean

Terry
09-23-2003, 01:34 PM
I predict that the general consensus will very soon be that PokerDean should have stayed on r.g.p.

PokerDean
09-23-2003, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I predict that the general consensus will very soon be that PokerDean should have stayed on r.g.p.

[/ QUOTE ]

I predict that once the truth is exposed, people like you will owe people like Russ Georgiev and I a big apology.

Wad
09-23-2003, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What business do they have on 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious, what business do you have on 2+2??

PokerDean
09-23-2003, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What business do they have on 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious, what business do you have on 2+2??

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Wad, I'm looking to start an account on party, wait let me guess, you've got a bonus code for me?

juris
09-23-2003, 01:51 PM
This is not meaningful poker discourse.

Wad
09-23-2003, 01:53 PM
Can't help you out with a code. PM eugeneel or miseryshiver, I'm sure they'll help you out. Better yet, go find someone at RGP.

crockpot
09-23-2003, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you must be lost. the poker forums are thataway. this is the INTERNET forum.

rusty JEDI
09-23-2003, 01:54 PM
But you are missing the big picture. Whether they are guilty of spam or not, they are shills of the online poker industry who's opinion cannot be trusted. Their propaganda isn't always spewed as overtly as a hyperlink to a affiliate url, it can be sneakier as well. They have one purpose on this board, to promote online poker for their own gains. What business do they have on 2+2?

I think that maybe it is better to see that little piece of affiliate info in their sig. (of course not a direct link), because at least now you know they do have something to gain from being over positive.

However, it is up to every poster to be diligent and have an eye for what is useful and what is simply out there to pull in as much money as possible. For example i am going to mention two sites that I have no affiliation with and you can tell me which is useful and which is trying to sugar coat some sites in order to get more affiliate deals.

www.bonuswhores.com (http://www.bonuswhores.com) - check out in particular the party review and notice where it goes into detail over much of the problems party has in particular their support and software. As you can see this sites design is very basic but it sells itself on usefulness of content.

www.onlinepokerinfo.com (http://www.onlinepokerinfo.com) - once there click the middle "here" link and you will find party at the top. Now we know party has many problems but all they choose to mention is that the games are a "little slow" but will be fixed and the lack of a flop% in the lobby. Complete failure to mention the lack of support, and it is in fact listed as a positive. Now you can see that this site in comparison to the one above sells itself not on usefulness of content but instead a slick webdesign and sugarcoated reviews.

PokerDean
09-23-2003, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think that maybe it is better to see that little piece of affiliate info in their sig. (of course not a direct link), because at least now you know they do have something to gain from being over positive.

However, it is up to every poster to be diligent and have an eye for what is useful and what is simply out there to pull in as much money as possible. For example i am going to mention two sites that I have no affiliation with and you can tell me which is useful and which is trying to sugar coat some sites in order to get more affiliate deals.

www.bonuswhores.com (http://www.bonuswhores.com) - check out in particular the party review and notice where it goes into detail over much of the problems party has in particular their support and software. As you can see this sites design is very basic but it sells itself on usefulness of content.

www.onlinepokerinfo.com (http://www.onlinepokerinfo.com) - once there click the middle "here" link and you will find party at the top. Now we know party has many problems but all they choose to mention is that the games are a "little slow" but will be fixed and the lack of a flop% in the lobby. Complete failure to mention the lack of support, and it is in fact listed as a positive. Now you can see that this site in comparison to the one above sells itself not on usefulness of content but instead a slick webdesign and sugarcoated reviews.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does it matter?? They are exactly the same, both pimping a crooked site. Who cares if one is a bit more upfront about support, that's probably just to exude a front of "we are honest shills" and sucker more people in.

If you promote Party Poker you are a crook! I don't care how you do it.

PokerDean

HUSKER'66
09-23-2003, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I predict that once the truth is exposed, people like you will owe people like Russ Georgiev and I a big apology

[/ QUOTE ]
Your right,I am sorry.
I'm sorry that in less than a day, you have posted 11 times with nothing of value. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif The fact that you mention RGP and how you have come here to 2+2 with a plea to the moderators to clean up the "shill affiliates" and then associate yourself with Russ G., just confuses me to no end. Hell will freeze over before anyone owes you and your bud Russ an apology

PokerDean
09-23-2003, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Shill, but I figured best to attack the nesting ground first.

BTW, nice "advice" on your site, LOL. The levels you affiliate pimps will stoop to continue to amaze me.

juris
09-23-2003, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My mistake, thanks. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thomastem
09-23-2003, 02:14 PM
I am not a shill. I have no advertising in my sig. Not affiliated with anyone. I don't think affiliates are a problem but I do think you are a moron.

My buzzard, Pelican, Rhino, Bison in heat, and stud bull are all on their way. The possum and penguin and goat have to keep me company but I believe enough "Beef" is coming your way friend.

tiltboy
09-23-2003, 02:17 PM
You do realize you are posting this nonsense in the "Internet Gambling" forum, don't you?

PokerDean
09-23-2003, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You do realize you are posting this nonsense in the "Internet Gambling" forum, don't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it better to address the issue in the poker section??? And clog up the little decent coversation that might be going on without disruptive shills offering their biased opinions on playing, online expectations, etc.

thomastem
09-23-2003, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it better to address the issue in the poker section??? And clog up the little decent coversation that might be going on without disruptive shills offering their biased opinions on playing, online expectations, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

We should be talking about my rhino and where he's going to place his 12" horn.

tiltboy
09-23-2003, 03:25 PM
What I was suggesting is that you should find a different site altogether to post your diatribes. Perhaps www.wackosareus.com (http://www.wackosareus.com) has a forum? It is my opinion that no one here cares about you and your tinfoil hat conspiracy theories. I think you'll find that most players posting to this forum are long-term online winners at poker. When sites start cheating me to the point I can no longer win, then I'll get back with you. Whatever mutterings you do manage to post here will soon be forgotten as I predict your life span here at 2+2 will be measured in days, if not hours.

HUSKER'66
09-23-2003, 03:39 PM
tilt,

STOP READING MY THOUGHT'S AND PUTTING THEM ON THIS FORUM! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jek187
09-23-2003, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who cares if one is a bit more upfront about support, that's probably just to exude a front of "we are honest shills" and sucker more people in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything I write on my site, is as honest as I can make it. The goal of my site, is to provide a way for prospective players to make an informed decision on where to play, and to show them how to take advantage of all the various deposit bonuses that exist out there.

I promote bonuses, not sites. The sites get a blunt review. Their performance determines the review. I have no reason, nor motivation to shill for them.

I am not a shill. I am a whore.

MS Sunshine
09-23-2003, 08:44 PM
"And clog up the little decent coversation that might be going on without disruptive shills offering their biased opinions on playing, online expectations, etc."

We tried to get non-disruptive shills, but the costs were prohibitive.

MS Sunshine

lorinda
09-23-2003, 09:02 PM
This will never happen unless we get rid of the shills

Could you please tell me who gave you the right to use the word 'we'.

Is it like the Queen's 'we' are are you troubled by multiple personalities?

Certainly I don't think a single person here would want to be "we'd" with you, who is this we you speak of?

Thanks

Lori

lorinda
09-23-2003, 09:04 PM
Now the shills will swarm like vultures to discredit me

Could you please explain how vultures discredit people, and also alert us when the next vulture swarm is coming.

You are confusing me somewhat.

Lori

47outs
09-23-2003, 09:30 PM
So these 20-40 year old, single males have found a creative way of expressing their creativity and time through poker iffiliation. These gentlemen, referred to as scum by you should, in your eyes should find a more respectable hobby, career, education... yours? May I suggest becoming a lawyer, indirectly responible for homicide (see OJ Simpson). Become a President or Prime Minister, directly responible for leading servicemen to their graves (also see dropping bombs on hospitals and friendly fire). Maybe a change of pace, become a racecar driver and pollute the earth (see asthma). How about a priest (I am not going to bother with this one).

These are not my feelings on any of these professions but an example of an off base critical view, these views mean nothing, my real views mean nothing, PokerDeans views mean nothing. My question to you pokerdean is, what would be an appropriate hobby for these guys that will make you and all 15,000players on party happy?
Please answer, then get a life.

Nofoldholdem
09-23-2003, 09:43 PM
Wow this forum is wild.

Yesterday and the weeks prior you guys wanted to get rid of these so called spam freak affiliates. Yet, today you are advocating promoting poker. So which is it guys? Can only the select few, who provide a couple of useful posts here and there be allowed to spam? What is the deal here? I am very confused. And no I am not poker advantage, joshman or whoever you guys hate so much. I just could not help but chime in, after seeing the onslaught of insults you hit this guy with yesterday for, doing nothing more than promoting poker with his/her site.

nfh

Foldarama_City
09-23-2003, 10:41 PM
One thing that is often forgotten when people discuss affiliates is they actually help build the online fish stocks. I just noticed some people are very negative towards affiliates because they feel affiliates increase the rake. Affiliates may even keep the rake down because they are cheap advertising. If a site was forced to pay for every advertisement on affiliate sites, they would soon go broke. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating spammers. I'm glad there are rules on the forum to prevent spam and some affiliates go way too far. I'm just saying that affiliates have their place in the poker food web. And the sharks shouldn't be too upset that they are increasing the online poker biomass.

PokerDean
09-23-2003, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow this forum is wild.

Yesterday and the weeks prior you guys wanted to get rid of these so called spam freak affiliates. Yet, today you are advocating promoting poker. So which is it guys? Can only the select few, who provide a couple of useful posts here and there be allowed to spam? What is the deal here? I am very confused. And no I am not poker advantage, joshman or whoever you guys hate so much. I just could not help but chime in, after seeing the onslaught of insults you hit this guy with yesterday for, doing nothing more than promoting poker with his/her site.

nfh

[/ QUOTE ]

You are definitely not "joshman", he couldn't be bothered to proofread his website for errors in every sentence, much less produce an error free post.

Rainbow Warrior
09-24-2003, 12:24 AM
<font color="black"> </font> "We tried to get non-disruptive shills, but the costs were prohibitive."

Even if they were affordable, the NDS posts wouldn't be nearly as entertaining or insightful. Low EV.

Very funny MS. Poor PokerDean. Obsessive, compulsive. I have this image of him - frantic, wild-eyed, scurrying around, (over)reacting to every self-related post with his own unique blend of charm and insight.

Sad, really.

lorinda
09-24-2003, 12:38 AM
have this image of him - frantic, wild-eyed, scurrying around, (over)reacting to every self-related post with his own unique blend of charm and insight.

I get the same impression, it's like Ramashiva has been told to only talk in posts of 100 words or less.

Lori