PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstat and history grabber...

01-25-2002, 04:32 PM
DOes anyone have this for paradise? good, bad?

it sounds really good to me!

does the history grabber automatically pull 100 hands? what if you get some overlap?

01-25-2002, 11:41 PM
I only have about 14,000 hands on pokerstat. I have not played on PP for quite some time. It was worth the cash at first and it really did help tighten up my game. However 14,000 hands is a far cry from a solid hand base. I'm certin that there are many players who have tens of thousands already logged.

History grabber simply beeps after a preset time and you click on hand history to get your hands. I'm sure there is a way to get it to do it automaticly, I just never dug that deep. If your table is doing 60 hands per hour, you just set the timer accordingly. Overlapping hands are not counted and are not logged automaticly.

I have recommended this is the past to a couple players. I used to look back and wonder what the hell I was doing playing some hands, but that is what is nice about it. It is easy to play hands and not even realize what you did. You can set it up to pull all the ten handed hands you played from MP or what hands you raised with or even what hands you called raises with from any position.

If you are looking to plug a few holes, you may like the software. If you plan on playing on PP for a long time, you should buy it just to analize other player's play.

This is not an endorsment, exactly . . . but most solid players are probably using it.

Gary W.

01-26-2002, 03:22 AM
I like it. It definitely help me tighten-up pre-flop and evaluate how I was playing in different positions. It is also helpfull if you want to review how you played certain hands.

Download the trial version and try it out.

For requesting hand histories I use a freeware program that you can find at pokersoftware.onestop.net

01-28-2002, 11:29 AM
i tried downloading the shareware version, and couldn't get it to work.

it may have been because of the way my email received the files, but it doesnt make sense because it would usually read half of the hands ok, and not read the other half.

then i tried setting up a new email address, but that didn't work either. then i got tired of bothering with it.

the program should have been written to ignore stupid things like extra spaces/lines.

01-30-2002, 07:42 PM
I agree. While I think the program itself is solid (and I'm very happy w/ the copy I purchased), I think the hand history parser could use a re-write. I'm guessing he did it in C and if so, it's not too hard to ignore things like spaces etc.

If I change my verified Email on paradise to use yahoo - do I tehn have to switch back to my other email account that is my paypal account username?

I'm not 100% on this.

01-31-2002, 03:09 AM
I have not read the posts below so forgive if this is a repeat. Poker stat is good. Use autoreq instead for of the other program you mention. It is free and counts out every 100 hands and will send you your hand histries. Hope this helps

02-01-2002, 03:15 AM
No, you can change your email without affecting PokerStat.

About ignoring spacing errors, the next version will handle the most common spacing errors that occur with email programs. This next revision is coming in a few days. The ETA is February 5th, 2002.

"nf", this may fix the errors you are encountering.

- Tony (TH Software)

02-01-2002, 10:43 AM